Tuesday, April 29, 2014

Scrappy shares from Jot Issue 5

Have you read Issue 5 of Jot Magazine yet?  If you haven't then why not grab yourself a cuppa and head on over to read it for free HERE.  Once again Kim has produced a beautiful issue filled with papery goodness...you'll love it!

Today I thought I'd share the layouts I created for this issue.  The first one I made for the Big Bows Gallery...


This photo is the sweetest thing!  We had been to a beautiful family wedding that day and Madi had been excited about trying to catch the bouquet but it went way over her head to the adults behind.  She was so disappointed....but later in the day the groom (her uncle) gave her the gorgeous flower he had been wearing.  It really made Madi's day and made her feel so special!


The kraft envelope on the page holds the story of that day for Madi to read in the years to come.


I made the big bow on my page using this gorgeous yellow chevron ribbon.  (It's such a pretty ribbon I really need to get some more for my stash!)


SUPPLIES| Patterned Paper: Crate Paper.  Alphas:  American Crafts, October Afternoon.  Embellishments: Crate Paper Maggie Holmes Die Cuts, Sticker & Chip Frame, Amy Tangerine button, Maya Road Kraft Envelope, Prima Flowers.  Other: button, date stamp, white tag, thread, black ink, chevron ribbon.

Next I created this page for the Hello Handsome Gallery.  These photos were also taken at the wedding we attended.  It was so fun seeing the boys all dressed up in their suits for the first time ever!

I love that my boys are also the best of friends.  Sure they have their moments but they usually get along so well and they're so funny together!  I'm hoping like crazy it continues as they get older...fingers crossed!




SUPPLIES|  Patterned Paper: Basic Grey, Echo Park.  Alphabets:  American Crafts, Basic Grey, Echo Park.  Wood Veneers:  American Crafts Amy Tangerine, Studio Calico.  Other Embellishments: Crate Paper Chip Sticker, Echo Park Chip Sticker, Pink Paislee Artisan Shape, Crate Paper Vellum Garland, Typo Tags.  Other:  twine, button, small white tag, thread

Issue 6 of Jot is just around the corner and will be a special first birthday celebration edition!  We've been busily working on lots of new projects in preparation and you can submit your work too!  You can see all the Issue 6 submission themes HERE and to find out how to submit your projects.  :)

Sheree xx

4 comments:

  1. Sheree...I always adore your layouts....and watching your beautiful kids as they grow. I can see the absolute delight on Mad's face with that very special flower.
    Mardi x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thank you Mardi! The kids are all growing up so fast aren't they? Always love looking back at photos of them. :)

      Delete
  2. Your pages are adorable, Sheree!! I still totally love your style! I haven't read the Jot mag before, but I really must do that today!! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Chloe! Thank you so much! I think you'll really love Jot! I hope you can find some time to check it out! :)

      Delete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave me a comment. It's so nice to hear from you! :)