Friday, January 3, 2014

Crochet Mood Blanket 2014

I'm excited to be starting the year joining in with a fun new project started up by mummy_stacey on instagram... a crochet mood blanket!
The idea is that you crochet a square a day using a colour that represents your mood on that day.  Some people are crocheting a square a day giving a total of 365 squares for the year...while others are committing to a square a week giving them 52 squares for their blankets. You can crochet granny squares or whichever pattern you like...or maybe even work in stripes!  It's up to you.

I've decided to aim for two squares a week (sometimes more if I feel the urge) which I'm confident I'll be able to squeeze in amongst all my other crafty projects throughout the year.  The colours I've chosen to use are in the in the photo below so I'll just reach for whatever colour I'm in the mood for on the day.
I've finished my first two squares (using this lovely Happy Flower pattern HERE) and I'm joining as I go making it very quick and easy!  Working this way means I won't have hundreds of little ends to weave in at the end of the year and every square will already be joined together too...gotta love that!  I'm hoping for a fun, colourful blanket to enjoy at the end of the year! (If you'd like to learn how to join as you go the very talented Lucy of Attic24 has a great tutorial on her blog HERE.)

It's not too late for you to join in too!  You can find all the info in mummy_stacey's instagram feed or you can head over to the crochetmoodblanket2014 facebook page too. There are literally hundreds of people from all around the world already joining in the fun!  If you have any problems finding the info just let me know. :)

I'll be sharing updates of my blanket progress on both instagram and here on my blog throughout the year. Are you going to create your own crochet mood blanket?  I'd love to know if you are!

Sheree xx


6 comments:

  1. Fabulous idea! Looking forward to seeing it grow :) Happy 2014! xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Zoe! Happy New Year to you too! :)

      Delete
  2. What a fun project Sheree. I can't wait to see the end result. I wonder what your overall colour choices will say about you once it's completed! Fun.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lea. It's going to be so fun watching all the different types of blankets growing all around the world Lea! I'm looking forward to seeing how mine turns out too! :)

      Delete
  3. Thanks for the blog love Sheree. Wishing you a fabulous 2014 also :).

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave me a comment. It's so nice to hear from you! :)