Sunday, August 25, 2013

New Designs...Monsters University Hats!

It's always fun when a custom order comes in through my etsy store for a hat design that I've never made before. This week I had a customer ask if I could make some Monsters University inspired helmets...in particular the characters Mike and Sulley.


We LOVE the Monsters movies at our place...don't you?  They're so clever and funny and I love that adults can enjoy them just as much as the kids. :)

I decided to go with the Mike Wazowski hat first...

 Some little horns, a big eye with an eyelid, a quirky smile...and here's the finished design!


Next up was Sullivan.  He was a bit more of a challenge...


But once I'd worked out his big eyebrows, added horns, a hand stitched felt nose and a toothy smile he was all finished too!


So here are my two monster hats together...


These hats will be heading off to my customer overseas but I'll be making a couple for my Etsy store very soon!   :)

Sheree xx


4 comments:

  1. They're fabulous Sheree - am so impressed how you can create like this from an idea. Your customer is going to love them, for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are amazing Sheree .. You are so clever! I know there will be one very happy customer.
    Mardi x

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMGosh!!! You are so incredibly talented!! I love these (even though I don't have a Blythe)!!! Love them!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, these are amazing. They're all gorgeous actually...the hello kitty, the Adventure Time pair etc. Loving it all.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave me a comment. It's so nice to hear from you! :)