Sunday, July 7, 2013

New Crochet Granny Square Scarf...

Around two years ago I started making a granny square blanket.  I had picked out the colours and had started making the granny squares and was getting a nice little pile together.  I was going so well until I got distracted by another project...and...that was about it.   Oops!

Anyway...yesterday I found that little pile of granny squares hidden away in my craft room.
While I've lost all motivation to finish the blanket I didn't want to throw them out either after putting all that work in...so I decided to make a scarf! It's the perfect scarf-wearing weather right now so why not?
So last night I curled up on the couch and crocheted the squares together and added a simple border around the edge.
I used 17 squares altogether and have thrown a few out that I didn't need...but now I have a new scarf!  Hubby wasn't convinced when I told him yesterday that I planned to make them into a scarf...but now that he's seen it finished he quite likes it! :)
 Today I went out and about wearing my new scarf and I love it!  So lovely and warm...and bright!
It feels good to have used up those squares and that they haven't gone to waste.  Do you have a little pile of granny squares tucked away somewhere from an unfinished project?  Why not make them into a new scarf?  I'd love to see yours if you make one too!

Sheree xx

3 comments:

  1. You are too clever! Looks awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally know what it's like to forget about some of the many projects I start ;) Good to see that you got to finish this one Sheree - it looks very cozy and those colours are just gorgeous :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I adore your scarf Sheree....its such beautiful colours...and looks gorgeous on you. I really hate unfinished projects....so like you.. I usually like to finish them off into something...even if its not the intended project. Ive inherited a stack of my Grandmas WIP's....so have been trying to finish some of them off for her too.
    Mardi x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave me a comment. It's so nice to hear from you! :)