Saturday, October 1, 2011

A scrappy catchup...

We just got home last night after a lovely 10 days or so down south visiting Paul's parent.  Lots of fishing, beach walks, exploring rock pools, park visits and spending time with family...SO nice!!!  We're still unpacking...so I haven't even thought about downloading pics from my camera yet so I'll come back with some holiday pics soon.

In the meantime I need to catch up on some scrappy posts!  Last week I ran the Inspiration challenge over at Scrapz.Biz.  I chose a pic from one of my fave magazines at the moment...Mollie Makes!

There were loads of pictures amongst the pages I could've picked (this mag is fully loaded with inspiration!) but in the end I went with this totally gorgeous pic...so pretty!


Here's my page...

The Sassafras Lass Sweetly Smitten papers fitted perfectly!


Another closeup...

So that was last week. :)  This week we're celebrating World Cardmaking Day 2011 with some fun card challenges!  All the details can be found HERE.


Here's my sample card for Challenge #1 - my What's Cooking challenge...


I love these fun October Afternoon Rocket Age goodies...so perfect for little boy projects!


You'll find all the details of this challenge (#1) HERE.

My other challenge (challenge #3) is to create a Christmas Card.  After all it's really not that far off!  Eeek!  (Details HERE.)


I stamped my background and chalked it a little to add a little extra green shading.  I then cut the baubles from some Echo Park paper, added some rhinestones and bakers' twine and finished it off with some stitching and a sentiment. :)


There are some great prizes up for grabs!!!  Why not come and join us and add a few cards to your stash!?  Visit HERE for our challenge timetable and prize details.

Today we also announced our fabulous new Design Team girls!!!  A HUGE welcome to Aga, NatiChloe and Shell.  (I'm thrilled to have you all on the team and I just know it's going to be so much fun working with you all!)  With our new team we're shaking things up a little with some fresh new challenges and a new format...and there'll be a new challenge each weekday!   It's going to be a lot of fun! 

Ok...I think I've covered everything for now.  I'll be back soon with some holiday pics! :)  Thanks for dropping by!

Sheree xx

7 comments:

  1. Glad you had a fabulous holiday! Love your layout, it is so beautiful. Your cards are always fantastic, both gorgeous!
    Fiona
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you had a fantastic holiday Sheree! :-)

    Gorgeous creations too... you are so good at both lo's & cards you clever girl!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely gorgeous Sheree!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Luv ur LO Sheree. It is so deliciously girly!! So very excited to b on the DT with u. Looking forward to getting to know u more!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love all the pretty details on your layout Sheree, and simply adore the gorgeous cards too!!

    Very excited to have joined the team and really look forward to working with you :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm loving Mollie Makes so much! I'm finding it hard to find tho. I managed to get issues 2, 3 & 4 from the one newsagent so I will have to stalk them to get issue 5. I love the yellow in your page, just like the flowers in that mag spread.

    And the robot card - SO COOL!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just loved your inspiration piece from Mollie Makes and the page you created from it is just fabulous. But not only can you make beautiful layouts, but your cards are just stunning too!! Wonderful work :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave me a comment. It's so nice to hear from you! :)