Saturday, September 17, 2011

Happy 2nd Birthday Scrapz.Biz!

It seems to be the week for birthdays! LOL  We're celebrating our 2nd birthday over at Scrapz.Biz with lots of fun challenges going on.  (You can see all the challenges HERE.  There are some great prizes up for grabs if you'd like to join in!)


My challenge is to create one of these Birthday Card Storage Mini Albums.  (All the details HERE.)  If you're like me you've kept cards from special occasions like the kids' first birthdays, your wedding, perhaps even Christmas?  Well this is such a great way to get them out of the box in the cupboard and make them into a treasured keepsake.


I've used lots of Crate Paper Emma's Shoppe on this with a splash of American Crafts Dear Lizzy...two of my all time fave collections. ;)


It's quick and easy as all you need to do is create the front and back cover...and the pages are already done!  Simply punch holes in each card and slip them onto the rings.  I've also included an envelope inside the front cover for a special letter to Madi that I wrote on her first birthday.

I love that Madi can now flip through the cards and (when she learns how to read) she can see all the beautiful handwritten messages that have been sent from those who love her.  We have already lost a couple of family members who sent some of these cards which now makes them all the more special.


I think I'll be making more of these for the boys now too for their keepsake box. ;)  If you make one yourself I'd love to see it!

Thanks so much for dropping by!  I hope you're enjoy the same beautiful spring weather that we've got here today...I love September!

Sheree xx

4 comments:

  1. Sheree, that is such a super CUTE idea and so GORGEOUS!!!! LOVE IT.
    Cherie xoxoxox

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE LOVE LOVE everything about this Sheree!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh wow I love this idea. I have kept all my boys cards as keepsakes and now I can create special places for each of them. Thank you so much for sharing this !

    ReplyDelete
  4. The card mini album - what a FANTASTIC idea!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave me a comment. It's so nice to hear from you! :)