Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Mothers' Day and some scrappin'...

Mothers Day was a little different for my Mum this year.  It was the first year ever that Dad wasn't home for Mothers Day.  He was in hospital for a week getting a hand injury seen to...so we headed up there on Saturday afternoon, visited Dad in hospital and then spent the night with Mum at her place.  It was lovely to be there with Mum for breakfast on Mothers' Day!  Paul made pancakes (yum!) and the kids gave me the sweetest little handmade cards, a handmade necklace by Riley, some fluffy warm slippers, a photo tree, a Bruno Mars CD and a gorgeous ceramic owl.  I felt so spoiled!  Paul did lunch for us all and it was nice hanging out together!  We did take the camera with us but none of us thought to take any photos!  Silly...oh well...it was still a great day. :)

Ok...time for a couple of scrappy shares!  Remember that sneak from my last post?  Here it is...my sample for last week's Scrap It Blind challenge over at Scrapz.Biz.

Poor Ayden.  This is how he spent his 8th birthday...sick on the couch!  :(  We're hoping to make up for it this year.


This week I've set the colour combo (Paint a Rainbow) challenge.  (Details can be found HERE.)



Our theme for this week is 'Desperate Housewives'. LOL  I decided to scrap a day...to make a record of the sort of things I get up to on a typical day.


The photos I chose are a just a sampling of the day but I also made a pocket behind my page to hold a more detailed list too.


Ok...I'm outta here.  Got a nice hot cuppa calling my name!  Hope you're having a great week so far.  See you again soon!  :)

Sheree xx

5 comments:

  1. Wow! Gorgeous Sheree! I'm so glad you had a wonderful Mother's Day! I hope your dad recovers well...x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a perfect Mothers Day Sheree with lots of special things. I love the colour combo and what a great layout too. I love the theme of it.
    Leax

    ReplyDelete
  3. Its been way too long since I popped in to say hello...and am loving all the eye candy on your blog, gorgeous pages babe, espcially liek the idea of scrapping your day-Desperate Housewives clever idea! Hope your well xox

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful Sheree! I love your daily record, fantastic idea!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave me a comment. It's so nice to hear from you! :)