Friday, April 15, 2011

Easter hats and dummy love...

Yay for school holidays!  It was so nice to get up this morning and not have to rush off on the school run and the boys had a ball doing their own thing today. :)

We finished off the school term with the boys' Easter Hat Parade yesterday. So fun!  At our school the kids make their own hats in class and it's so great to see them all proudly wearing their works of art!  Ayden's class (Yr 3) made paper mache' hats this year and he went for an Indiana Jones kinda look...while Riley's class (yr 1) made theirs out of cardboard and decorated them with all sorts of bits and pieces.

That's a little chick in a basket hanging off the front of Ayden's hat... LOL... and  Riley's very much the minimalist with his creation! :D

Madi has her last day of kindy for the term today and they had a surprise visit from the Easter bunny!  They had an egg hunt and made hot cross buns to bring home too.  She had SO much fun!

The hot cross buns disappeared in a flash and I love the little Easter basket she made...very cute!

Now for a little scrapping.  I've set the Fetch a Sketch challenge over at Scrapz.Biz this week.  (Details can be found HERE.)  This is my sketch...

And here's my sample page...

I came across this adorable pic of Madi the other day and couldn't believe I hadn't scrapped it already.  Doesn't she look so little?  I've used the Crate Paper Neighbourhood range of goodies on this one...

I did a little basket weaving for my journaling pocket for something a little different.  Haven't done that in a looong time!
If you do have a go at the sketch please let me know...I'd love to see your pages!

See you again soon!  I'm off to watch the rest of SYTYCD. ;) 
Sheree xx

6 comments:

  1. Just beautiful Sheree!! LOL!! I've been doing a bit of basket weave on LOs myself lately!! Heaps of fun...x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the boys hats. What a great idea for them to make their own. And as for that little princess, she just gets cuter and cuter. Love your page too :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that layout!!! Love the kids easter projects. Too cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The boys look adorable Sheree, they have done a great job with their hats.
    Madi looks very proud of her hot cross buns...so cute!!!
    And how cute is that dummy love photo...just gorgeous!!!
    Miss Velvet still has dummy love...hoping to leave it up at granny and par's when we finally move back home!!!

    Take care and chat soon

    Cherie xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such little cuties Sheree.
    I love their hats .. and isnt it funny how they have their own little style shining through already.
    Madi is such a sweetie..and how lovely that you stumbled across such a gorgeous photo that hadnt been scrapped.
    Mardi x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the easter hats! Miss Madi is such a bubby there! How time flies!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave me a comment. It's so nice to hear from you! :)