Sunday, February 13, 2011

A hexagon flower...

After seeing this post on Mel Goodsell's blog and seeing the great little tutorial that her clever daughter Bella did there, I had the urge to have a go at sewing some hexagons. I sat down last night, cut my fabric out of some scraps I had sitting on my desk and it wasn't too long before I'd finished my very first hexagon flower! :)

I decided to pop it onto a journal cover. I've made heaps of journal covers (using Janelle's journal cover pattern as a base) but have given each one away as gifts...so this one I've decided to keep just for me. I really love how it turned out!


I'm all inspired now to make a cushion out of hexagons...especially after seeing the pics Melissa had included in her post. I'll get started on that soon. :)

Thanks for dropping by!
Sheree xx

13 comments:

  1. LOVE it!! Well done, it looks fantastic, and I would keep it for myself too!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sheree your journal looks awesome, clever you sewing the hexagon flower :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. gorgeous gorgeous gorgeous, love it. Happy you are keeping it for yourself!!!

    M xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Totally fantastic Sheree! You're so clever. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the hexes Sheree, they are addictive aren't they?

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is just gorgeous, so glad you kept it for yourself you deserve something sweet... I love the cover you made for me xoxo

    Love the photo of Madi in the wig in a previous post...oh so cute!!!

    Love your present from Paul...very nice!

    Have a great week,
    Cherie xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  7. beautiful Sheree! My girls have these hexi flowers on some of their tops too. A simple way to jazz up a plain top. Can't wait to see your pillow.

    PS Did you see the bathmat that Karlyn made me for Christmas??

    http://coveredinloveliness.blogspot.com/2011/01/not-so-happy-new-year.html

    ReplyDelete
  8. Don't blame you for keeping it, looks fantastic!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is adorable Sheree...and Im so thrilled you are keeping this one for yourself.
    I also wanted to comment on firstly....your beautiful cards in the earlier post...wow!!
    ...and that seriously beautiful necklace that Paul got you for your birthday....thats so sweet...I adored it.
    Mardi x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh wow, this is totally beautiful - love love!!! Thanks for playing along Sheree :)
    Melx

    ReplyDelete
  11. gorgeous I want to make one too!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Totally adorable....I popped over from Melissa's blog and go glad I did....love you layouts and sewing projects.
    Micayla x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave me a comment. It's so nice to hear from you! :)