After seeing this post on Mel Goodsell's blog and seeing the great little tutorial that her clever daughter Bella did there, I had the urge to have a go at sewing some hexagons. I sat down last night, cut my fabric out of some scraps I had sitting on my desk and it wasn't too long before I'd finished my very first hexagon flower! :)
I decided to pop it onto a journal cover. I've made heaps of journal covers (using Janelle's journal cover pattern as a base) but have given each one away as gifts...so this one I've decided to keep just for me. I really love how it turned out!
I'm all inspired now to make a cushion out of hexagons...especially after seeing the pics Melissa had included in her post. I'll get started on that soon. :)
Thanks for dropping by!