Tuesday, January 4, 2011

A little sewing to start the year...

Hello 2011!!! I know it's 4 days later...but I've been busy stitching. ;)

When my beautiful friend Janelle's fabulous book "Pieces of Me" came out last year as soon as I saw the fabric buckets on the cover I knew I had to make them!! I've had the fabric all cut out and ready to go for a couple of months now but it kept getting put on the backburner with all the end of year scrapping commitments, festivities and things. So...new year's day I finally sat down and started stitching. I haven't done applique before but it all came together so easily...and I'm thrilled with how they turned out!

Thanks so much Janelle for making your patterns so easy to follow! :))

How cute are those houses and trees!! My buckets are now looking so lovely on the shelves in my scraproom. They make me happy! :D

If you haven't seen Janelle's book before you really need to check it out HERE. You'll LOVE it!!

Now that I've got the sewing bug I'm trying to decide on what to make next! :)

Sheree xx

10 comments:

  1. oh man I seriously wish I could sew!! These are fabulous Sheree!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just beautiful!! I love all the wonderful fabrics you have used! Lucky you to have Janelle's amazing book!

    ReplyDelete
  3. they are gorgeous!!! Even more IRL.
    You are sooo clever. I love that book, just have to start doing some more things out of it. you have inspired me to do those buckets!!!

    Me xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, they are amazing!!!
    The colours are fantastic, they are so cute :0)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Sheree they are just gorgeous...wish I could sew.

    Cherie xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gosh Sheree...these are ADORABLE..you have done a wonderful job....and you have taken to applique like a duck to water...its perfect!
    Mardi x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh Sheree, these are amazingly good and happy and just perfect! What a beautiful thing to have in your scrap room!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave me a comment. It's so nice to hear from you! :)