Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Ayden's 8!

Hi...I'm still here! Whoops...didn't realise it had been THAT long between posts! We've been kinda busy over the past couple of weeks with this and that...

We've just had a big birthday weekend here! My Mum, Dad and Ayden all have birthdays within 3 days of each other. We spent Saturday at Mum & Dad's place for Mum's birthday...so nice to have all the family together...Mum loved it. :) Then we were supposed to go to Seaworld on Sunday together to celebrate Ayden's birthday...but early that morning he woke up with a terrible earache...and so he spent his entire birthday feeling miserable on the couch...

Poor little man! Turns out he's got double ear infections...what a way to spend your birthday huh? He did manage a smile when his ice cream cake came out...that was a big hit!

So hopefully we'll be off to Seaworld next weekend. The kids have never been there...they're going to love it! Ayden's feeling a bit better today thank goodness. I'm sure he'll be as good as new by the weekend!

I've been busy with lots of scrapping projects on the go lately. I'm really excited about Kim's Handmade Christmas 2010 class...and you should see all the gorgeous projects the girls have been creating in preparation for it! Kim's Christmas classes are always my absolute FAVE @Home class every year and I'm over the moon to be creating my own projects to be included in this 10 day class! You can read all about it HERE on her blog. It's going to be HUGE!

Over at Scrapz this week Heike organised a Melbourne Cup Flutter challenge...so much fun! It's the only challenge of the year that the DT are allowed to enter as well...yay! We had to use the selected Pencil Lines sketch, a photo of someone 'dressed to kill', something that flutters and something from our wardrobe. Here's my page...

LOVE this cute pic of Madi striking a pose in her fave dress! I used some Pink Paislee Sweetness papers, my new Martha edge punch combo and Sizzix Butterfly die (thanks Mel! xx).

The flowers are Prima with a rolled fabric paper flower in the centre. My 'something from my wardrobe' is the Target tag and tiny safety pin from recent clothes purchases. I cut the butterflies from vellum. :)

The alphas are Basic Grey and American Crafts Dear Lizzy. :)

So did anyone back a winner today? I didn't place any bets...didn't even see the race on tv! LOL I think I was buying groceries at the time with Madi.

Well...time for a cuppa. Be back soon! I won't leave it so long between posts next time. ;)

Sheree xx

10 comments:

  1. oh poor Ayden, hope he is feeling better now, bet he is excited about seaworld! Sheree, I love that picture of Madi too, she seems like such a little character. Hope you are having a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy birthday Ayden!!! Glad he had a good one even being sick. That ice cream cake looked awesome.

    Sheree I LOVE LOVE LOVE the LO. Love that punch and the butterflies too. Awesome. So glad I got them too!! (:
    Madi looks gorgeous in that dress & love the pose.
    Have a great week.
    Me xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Poor little man, hopefully he gets to enjoy that visit to Seaworld soon.

    Love your layout :).

    ReplyDelete
  4. love the blue and yellow on your spring dress lo and that pink flower is gorgeous Sheree...Happy birthday to Ayden, there's nothing worse than being sick on your birthday...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Belated Birthday Ayden xoxo

    Poor boy having to be unwell on his big day. Hope he is all better by the weekend!
    How gorgeous is Miss Madi!! too cute!
    I can't wait to see see what all you girls have done in Kim's Handmade Christmas...very exciting for you to be involved in it this year!

    Take care and chat soon

    Cherie xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my! What a pose! That's gorgeous.

    I hope Ayden's completely better soon and can really enjoy Seaworld! We went there when Tassy was 13 months, of course she doesn't remember anything but she loved the dolphins at the time! I went lots of times as a child and loved it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Poor Ayden.... hope he is much better now...and all set for a great time at sea world too.

    What a stunner is Miss M.....and thats a gorgeous layout...
    Mardi x

    ReplyDelete
  8. OH! What a miserable way to spend a birthday!! I'm sure he will make up for it though when you finally get to SeaWorld! :)

    Madi is certainly growing up! hee! She sure does stike a pose! LOVE it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. That is a terrible way to spend a birthday. Hope he's made up for it since!
    Gorgeous LO of Madi!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy birthday Ayden!

    What a gorgeous layout, so bright and happy. I absolutely love that punch, it looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave me a comment. It's so nice to hear from you! :)