Sunday, October 17, 2010

Meet Mae...

Last weekend I came across a pattern I'd downloaded about a year ago from Bit Of Whimsy Dolls. (They really are the sweetest patterns on that site!) I had intended on making one for Madi way back then but obviously I got caught up doing other things. Anyway...I decided to dig out some scraps of fabric and felt and finally make Madi a Mae Doll. Here she is!

Isn't she the sweetest? Madi absolutely adores her. :D She was pretty easy to make too! Madi chose the hair and eye colour...and the fabric for her body and skirt. I made a couple of extra skirts as well since Madi's right into changing her doll's clothes at the moment. It was fun to do a little sewing again. :)

Now for a little scrapping share. This week's challenges went up on Thursday over at Scrapz and this was my sample for the colour combo challenge...(Details can be found HERE in the forum.)

A closeup...

I don't often use orange for my backgrounds but I kinda like how this turned out. :)

Well...I think that's about all I've got to share at the moment. I'm trying to get into Christmas mode and start on my cards and think about gifts. Have you started yet? I'm really trying to be organised this year...:P

See you again soon!

Sheree xx

13 comments:

  1. Ohh I love it!! Its gorgeous, well done, my daughter would love that too!! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You clever chickadee, she is so gorgeous, I can see why Madi adores her

    ReplyDelete
  3. CUTE CUTE CUTE! She's adorable Sheree! Madi must be so thrilled! The layout is just beautiful too. So wonderful that the three are so close. xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. hello Mae, nice to meet you!

    She is very sweet Sheree and you are very clever. Lucky Madi.

    Have a happy week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh so cute...makes me wanna sew!!!!

    Love the layout and the orange background looks fab, I too don't use orange very much.

    Cherie xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the doll Sheree, so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You clever thing! Love the layout too!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oooooh I want one!! Soooo cute.
    Great layout too.

    M xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. You are so clever Sheree!! I love that little doll! Madi must be thrilled!

    And the orange on your lo is a knock out!! Gorgeous all the way!!!

    Leanne A. xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sheree! She is just the sweetest!
    Love that Lo too, so gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Awww she is so cute....you have done a beautiful job...x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh my, how cute Sheree!!! You are so clever.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Mae is sooooo cute! I have got heaps of Softie patterns but I haven't had a chance to make any of them. I have too many hobbies!!! LOL!

    I really like the colour combo you have used for the challenge LO Sheree! I wouldn't normally use orange either but I love this!

    Have a great Melbourne Cup day!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave me a comment. It's so nice to hear from you! :)