Sunday, August 1, 2010

A bit of this and that...

Hi everyone!

Can you believe it's August already? Where has the year gone? We're having such a beautiful, sunny day here today. You'd think it was spring already...we're even wearing short sleeves!

I've got a few things to share today...

The Scrap That Ad comp starts today over at Scrapz Biz and challenge 1 has gone up. (If you'd like to join in you can find the challenge 1 details HERE.) Here's my sample...

These are all photos from our recent holiday to Mallacoota. It's like a little overview of our stay.

I used Echo Park Sweet Summertime stickers, Basic Grey alphas, October Afternoon number stickers and hand-cut the water and little birds in the sky.

It's been really fun to see how differently each of the DT girls have interpreted the challenge and I can't wait to see all the entries rolling in! Round 2 of the comp will go up on Monday 9 August.

Last night I actually sat down and scrapped just for the fun of it! It's been AGES since I've done that...no deadlines or guidelines...just to play. I've had this pic of Ayden and Madi (she's so little!) sitting on my desk for a LONG time and I'm really happy to finally have it scrapped.

I've used some Little Yellow Bicycle Clothesline papers and stickers, some Prima roses (my faves), an old Heidi Swapp ghost heart, a Jenni Bowlin butterfly and Thickers. I had a play with my new Maya Road Mist too for the background...such a pretty colour!

During the week I was very excited to finally sit down at my sewing machine and try a project out of Janelle's book...the iPhone cover!

Here's a peek at the back...

I'm so happy with how it turned out! I'll be making some more of these for sure. They're a great gift idea don't you think?

Well I think that's about all I've got to share at the moment. I hope you're having a wonderful weekend! Thanks so much for dropping by!!

Sheree xx

9 comments:

  1. Don't you just love it when you get to create just because :). Gorgeous projects Sheree!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh love the layout of Madi and Ayden - vintage girly yumminess! Just gorgeous! And your iphone cover! Divine! It looks so neatly done and I love your fabric choices!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am SO thrilled you were able to scrap just for the fun of it. Something I am itching to do too once this move is over! I LOVE your layout and your iphone pouch is perfection!! Thanks so much for sharing them with us xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. absolutely gorgeous Sheree as always!! Love the LO of Ayden & Madi.
    Love the iphone cover I am determined to do some for gifts.
    I can't wait to scrap for fun either. You are such a clever chook.

    Me xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. very clever little i phone cover, I love the colours together.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I said a big ohhhhhh to myself when i saw that pretty pretty page. I LOVE it! and what a precious photo too. your iphone cover look great as well!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful lauouts Sheree and how sweet is that photo of Ayden and Madi...just gorgeous

    Love love the iphone pouch, super sweet, great choice of fabrics...I really need one but not sure if my sewing skills are up to it????

    Take care
    Cherie xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  8. Its so lovely to be back in blogland...and catching up on news.
    Adorable layouts Sheree... the Mallacoota one is fabulous....showcasing so many photos....and the great idea to use the numbering and labelling too.
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love that you scrapped just for fun! JOY! It's gorgeous too, and that iphone cover is super cute!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave me a comment. It's so nice to hear from you! :)