Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Riley's Award, a Layout and a Mother's Day Card

So did you have a lovely Mother's Day? I sure did. I felt very spoiled by Paul and the kids! Paul did have to work all day but I still got pancakes for brekkie, lots of gorgeous prezzies, Mum & Dad came for lunch, then we had Thai for dinner. It was great! I hope you had a wonderful day too whatever you got up to. :)

Before I share some scrapping I just had to tell you about Riley's very first assembly award! After his awesome effort at the Mother's Day Afternoon Tea last week, his teacher decided to give him an award. He had no idea he was getting it, but thankfully Mrs Michaels let us know so we could be there to see it. Just look at his face when his name was read out!
And here he is standing up the front of assembly very proudly showing off his certificate! (He's looking at me in these pics...Paul took the photos from a different angle.)

We're so proud of you Riley! xxx :)

Ok...now for some scrapping. I've set the What's Cooking challenge for this week over at Scrapz.Biz. (Details of the challenge can be found HERE.) Here's my sample...

I've used Crate Paper Brook papers for this one. I love this photo of Ayden taken on his 6th birthday (I'm a little behind on scrapping birthday pics! LOL) Inside the Maya Road envelope are more photos taken on the day. Here's a couple of closeups...

I also thought I'd share the Mother's Day card I made for my Mum this year. She loved it! :)


I used tissue paper for the flower centres and stuck them to punched scalloped circles. Too easy!

Well...I'm off to watch some tv and laze on the couch for the rest of the night. Thanks so much for dropping by! :)

Sheree xx

7 comments:

  1. no wonder your mum loved your card! It is gorgeous.
    Well done Riley...I bet you made mum proud.
    Deb
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh your boy made me smile, he was so proud, well done Riley. Sheree your Mothers Day card is just gorgeous and I love your latest challenge page too :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Woo Hoo Riley, you must be so proud Sheree...what a little star!!!

    Love the card and the layout, just gorgeous...

    Cherie xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well done Riley....thats awesome.
    Love your Mothers day card Sheree....its absolutley sweet as!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations riley!! Love that genuine smile :)

    Your card is so pretty Sheree!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh Sheree that is sooo awesome for Riley.

    What a beautiful card your mum would have loved it.
    Love the LO too, love those letters.

    Glad you had a lovely mothers day, you deserve it.

    M xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations Riley!

    Your mum's card is just gorgeous - the flowers are divine! I love the layout too - especially the envelope!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave me a comment. It's so nice to hear from you! :)