Saturday, April 10, 2010

A little kite card...

I was having a good look at the new October Afternoon 'Fly A Kite' range online yesterday (can't wait to get my hands on it!) and it got me all inspired to make something with a kite on it...so I grabbed some scraps of paper and ribbon, some string... had a play and came up with this...


To create the background I dug out my chalks (I almost forgot where they were since I haven't used them for so long!) and used my new Hero Arts grass stamp. I then used my Label Spellbinders die and Cuttlebug to cut and emboss the shape. I decided to handstitch around the outside (didn't trust my machine stitching to get it right. LOL).

The kite was so easy to put together with scraps, a bit of white cardstock and some machine stitching.

Added some string with little ribbon knots for the kite's tail...I handcut some clouds, then added my stamped sentiment (by Hero Arts) and some punched butterflies (Martha Stewart punch).

All done! :)

Hope you're enjoying your weekend! Thanks for stopping by!

Sheree xx

8 comments:

  1. Absolutely gorgeous!! You rock at making cards! LOL! I wish I could put them together half as well as you do!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous as always!!!! You are such a clever chook!!
    Wish I was that good when I was bored or looking at the net!!! Love the details. You ROCK!!

    Have an awesome weekend, see you soon!!!

    Me xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is just gorgeous, you are just so clever!

    Have a lovely Sunday

    Cherie xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cannot believe you did that with chalk, wonderful, and the stitching on the kite is just so precise, gorgeous work.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous card Sheree! Love all the detail!

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh you card queen! What is left to say...you are just plain old darn good and talented.
    x

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is absolutely divine Sheree!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a gorgeous little card with all the details!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave me a comment. It's so nice to hear from you! :)