Saturday, March 27, 2010

Crate Paper - Paper Doll goodies...

Back in February I was lucky enough to win a prize in a comp on the Crate Paper Blog...and this week my new goodies arrived on my doorstep! Yippee!!!! I opened up my package to find the entire Paper Doll collection...

This range is seriously cute! Perfect for pages for Madison! So last night I finally got to sit down and have a play and came up with this...
I also threw in a little American Crafts using some thickers and Dear Lizzy chipboard pieces.
Anyway, since this is all I have to share in this post I thought I'd include a few close-up pics...
I overlapped the larger thickers for a little dimension...

I cut the little girls out of one of the papers and layered them onto a journalling spot and added a cut-out flower behind it... and the Dear Lizzy chipboard hearts (love them!).
I used a couple of the chipboard flowers and added chipboard centres for dimension, another journalling spot and Dear Lizzy heart...
To create the swirly lines you can see I used a new Dear Lizzy stamp and Versamark ink to stamp the image onto the cardstock, then hand stitched over the top to add a little texture...Madi got a lovely surprise when she saw this layout this morning...she loves her friend Georgia SO much! :)
I think I'll be doing a lot more with Paper Doll in the coming weeks...LOVE it!
Well...I've gotta run... but have a great weekend! Thanks so much for dropping by! :)
Sheree xx

12 comments:

  1. Oh Sheree it is gorgeous!! Love it love it.
    Georgie will love it I am going to put a copy in her album!!!
    You are soooo clever!
    I adore all our Dear Lizzy!! Can't wait to have a play!!!

    I am so blessed that we are friends and all our kids love each other!! Sooooo cool!!!

    Chat soon have an awesome week!!

    Me xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a nice little package you received. Your layout is just perfect

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMGosh! This is gorgeous!! You must have been bursting with excitement when those goodies arrived on your doorstep! LOL! That lo is awesome. I love the stitching. Great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow what gorgous papers and embellishments lucky girl, I love everything and how clever using the stamp and the watermark ink to use as a guide before sewing. Look truly gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great prize Sheree! And I can't think of a better person to put it to great use :)
    Thanks for sharing all the details that make the layout special with us- my fave is the the stitching. Great idea to stamp and stitch over the top!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Sheree!

    I am sending you an invite to come join me on ARTastic challenge blog, and From Screen 2 Scrap. It would be great if you could join as a follower and get all the latest updates.


    ARTastic = http://artasticchallengeblog.blogspot.com/
    This is a challenge site where we take inspiration from the great artist with a little bit of added criteria

    From Screen 2 Scrap = http://screen2scrap.blogspot.com/
    This is a challenge site where we take inspiration from movie posters with a little added criteria.

    In May ARTastic will be celebrating its 1st Birthday we have over $300 worth of prizes to give away, so I would love you to join in and have a chance of winning 

    Special Offer – If you join either or both sites and enter a layout for the challenge in April and/or May, you will receive an extra bonus point to go towards your voting tally at the end of the month.

    Hope to see you soon!

    Cheers
    Shazza

    ReplyDelete
  7. OMGosh that is just so super sweet, how luck are you to win some suoer cute stuff...
    The photos of Madi and Georgia are just gorgeous.

    Enjoy the weekend
    Cherie xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  8. oh Sheree the layout is so cute, love everything about it :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a beautiful layout! Love the little swirly stitching.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sheree that is toooooooooo cute!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Awww how gorgoeous....and what a lovely lttle package to receive in the mail...
    Have a fabulous Easter...
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sheree this page is absolutely gorgeous, I love everything about it! Huge congrats on making Kim's shortlist too - goodluck!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave me a comment. It's so nice to hear from you! :)