Saturday, February 13, 2010

Cards for Valentine's Day

Have you made any cards ready for your Valentine tomorrow? I thought I'd share these ones that I made for the challenge I set for the Scrapz.Amour comp over at Scrapz.Biz this week. (The challenge focused on using background stamping.)

I used my Hero Arts Woodgrain background stamp for this one. (I really love this stamp!) Then I simply drew the design in pencil and hand stitched over it.

For this card I used a Hero Arts alpha stamps, Cloud & Woodgrain background stamps, a Unity Stamps Worn Grid stamp (for the grass) and Basic Grey Owl stamp. To create the tree stump I stamped the woodgrain onto some kraft cardstock and hand cut the main stump shape, then cut an oval from the section of the stamp that had the swirl design and added it to the top of the stump.

I used my cloud background stamp and owl stamps again for this one, along with some Cosmo Nutmeg paper.

I found the perfect stick in the garden to use as the branch and punched some little hearts to use for the leaves.

And finally for my last card I used a small Stampin' Up heart and VersaMark ink to stamp my kraft background. The Love stamp is by Basic Grey.

I think that should do me for Valentines cards for a while! LOL I don't think I've ever made so many in one go! I should be right for Paul tomorrow at least. ;)

We've spent the last few hours here watching the opening ceremony for the Winter Olympics on tv....WOW!!! It had some really spectacular moments throughout!! Did anyone else see it? I think they're replaying it again tonight on tv. I really enjoyed it!

Well... better run and get a few things done around here before dinner. Hope you're having a great weekend!

Sheree xx

ps. Thank you so much for all the lovely birthday wishes! :)

11 comments:

  1. Such cuteness Sheree, I love everyone of them

    ReplyDelete
  2. we're watching the games opening also, your cards are indeed very beautiful! Take a bow!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my! These are beautiful...Have a happy Valentine's!

    ReplyDelete
  4. gorgeous gorgeous gorgeous.

    Happy valentines Day for tomorrow. LOL

    Me xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are such an inventive gal! These look fabbo! Love the initials carved in the tree, and the tree stump - actually I love them all!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What gorgeous cards Sheree, love them all...

    Have a great Valentines day.

    Cherie xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow I especially love the first card with the woodgrain stamp, wow and the stitching is awesome, this is the best card I have seen. I love them all.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oooo these are just gorgeous! I especially LOVE the red one. I recently bought the hero arts woodgrain stamp but haven't used it yet! I love it tho and when I ordered it I had no idea how BIG it was! How stoked was I when it arrived!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you so much for the bday wishes! xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous cards! I love all that wood grain!

    ReplyDelete
  11. A big Congratulations on the second round win, clever chickie:)....and ooh Scrap book money how lucky are you Paul Rocks! teehee Happy Birthday Babes! mwah

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave me a comment. It's so nice to hear from you! :)