Monday, December 28, 2009

Christmas & More December Daily (Days 10-19)...

Merry Christmas everyone! How was your Christmas this year? We had such a lovely time. We headed up to my Mum & Dad's place on Christmas Eve, watched Christmas carols on tv (this seems to have become a tradition! LOL), had a few glasses of wine, made sure there was a glass of milk and cookies out for Santa (plus a carrot and a bowl of water for Rudolf!) then headed for bed....

We were woken up at 5am(!!!!) by a very excited Ayden who had discovered that Santa had been. And so the paper tearing frenzy began....The kids loved their pressies (and so did the adults!) ...they didn't know what to play with first! The rest of the day was filled with lots of playing with toys, swimming in the pool, eating wayyyyy to much and generally just having a good time. We had all the family there for Christmas dinner which was great...so nice to all be there together. Mum did a fantastic job as always with the food!

Doesn't Christmas always seem to be over so quickly? All that preparation and suddenly it's all over in a flash!

I've managed to squeeze in a little scrapping during the week and worked on few more pages of my December Daily album which I thought I'd share...

Day 10: This was Ayden's last day of school and they had their Christmas party then headed home early. I managed to snap a pic of him with his teacher and his best friend (although I've blurred poor Brock out since I haven't asked his Mum if I can post his pic.)


Day 11 & 12: Day 11 was Riley's last day of kindy. I'm so glad I got a pic of him with his teachers. We couldn't have asked for more caring, dedicated, lovely ladies to look after him this year! For day 12 I took a pic of the 3 books we added to our Christmas book collection this year. I think we're up to 16 books now! I'd like to get to 24 so we can read a different book each night in the lead up to Christmas Day.

Day 13 & 14: Day 13 I made some Peppermint Bark...so yummy! I've put the recipe in on this day so I can make it again next year. Day 14 we had a day at home but Ayden drew a lovely Christmas picture which I've put inside the envelope.

Day 15: Ayden lost his 2nd front tooth!

Day 16: This was the day we went to see Santa and have our Santa pic done. The journaling documents how the kids all ran up and happily sat on Santa's knee, had a lovely chat and told him what they'd like for Christmas. I think this was our easiest Santa pic so far!

Day 17 & 18: For day 17 I took photos of some of the new Christmas decorations that we've bought this year. My fave is the Santa snow globe...so cute! The kids loved the dog who barks a Christmas song while rolling all over the floor. LOL... Day 18 holds the e-mails they received from Santa on that day! They were very excited!

Day 19: We drove around the neighbourhood to see the winning Christmas light displays in the area. Of course the photos just don't do it justice but it's still nice to include the pics in the album. They were amazing!

I'm still working on Day 20 so that'll have to come in my next post... this post is long enough already anyway!

I hope you're all enjoying your Christmas break! See you again soon. :)

Sheree xx

10 comments:

  1. wow Sheree your December daily album is really starting to look fabulous. Love the photos, so many fantastic memories...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well you look like you had a fabulous day. I love your album it is coming together very nicely.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow what a great idea, the album looks awesome, what fantastic memories to treasure. Love your style for scrapping too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just beautiful! I especially love your Christmas story and reading collection idea! Merry Xmas! xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sheree, your DD album is GORGEOUS!!! I bet you are loving having these memories captured too, I LOVE your album so much!! Can't wait to see more x Janelle

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great christmas day you had!!

    Your DD is even better IRL. You are awesome.

    Great to see you. Love our catchups, can't wait to see what you come up with in the New Year!!

    Me xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gosh Sheree your album is stunning! What wonderful memories to have recorded in such a cute little book!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Loving the album...still have not photograhed mine!!!!

    Looks like you all had a lovely Christmas.

    Wishing you all the best for 2010

    Take care
    Cherie xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love how your album is coming along Sheree! It looks great! I wish I had done one too... will have to keep it in mind for next year.

    Also love the photo collage of your Christmas day!

    Wat font have you used for the word December in your December Daily album? It is so lovely.

    Happy new year for tomorrow night Sheree! I hope it is a wonderful year for you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  10. The album is looking so gorgeous Sheree! The photos are beautiful too.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave me a comment. It's so nice to hear from you! :)