Thursday, October 15, 2009

A sew-a-long...

Melissa Goodsell has been hosting a sew-a-long on her blog this week and I thought I'd join in the fun! She has given us a link to a super easy little skirt pattern for everyone to have a go at. It's been lovely to see all variations of the 'Lazy Days Skirt' that everyone has been making.
I went throught my fabric stash and started off sewing these two for Madi. She's very much a skirts and dresses kinda girl so she was very excited to try them on...


Then I whipped up this one too...

I didn't have enough matching ribbon to go around the bottom so I ended up just hemming it instead.

Thanks Mel for the motivation to get sewing again. This is the first time I've ever sewn an item of clothing! :) I still can't believe how easy they were to make.

If you'd like to see more just head over to Mel's blog.

I have been scrapping too but can't share just yet. I did make this card though for a lovely friend who just celebrated her birthday last week.

That's about it for now! Gotta run...The Amazing Race is on tv!!! Love that show...

Sheree xx

11 comments:

  1. You have been a busy little bee. The skirts are fantastic. Perfect for your little girl. I have it on my list of things to do, I want to make a Christmas skirt for Kloe

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE LOVE LOVE the skirts...too cute. I am going to pop over to Mels blog and have a look myself..may even try to make one for Miss Velvet.

    The card is beautiful...

    21 days to go...I can't beleive its almost time

    Chat soon
    Cherie xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous! I am going to go ang check out those little skirts!! Love the red and white one!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh they are so sweet Sheree. I love the polka dot red one as well.
    Can't wait to see what you have been scrapping up!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The skirts are beautiful! And Madi is looking so grown up!

    I'm a big fan of The Amazing Race too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh how gorgeous are these skirts Sheree, if you can do them then I'll have a go too (I downloaded the same pattern from Mel's blog too).

    ReplyDelete
  7. They look great Sheree. Well done whipping up so many!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, those little skirts are adorable! Well done, they are so sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  9. she's just darling. way too cute and all those skirts. they are gorgeous. i have made one as well. i can see myself making more too.have a happy week! Leax

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh Sheree you make sewing look too easy! and how cute does Madi look in her new twirly skirts!! She reminds me of the cutiest little cabbabe patch doll! Just adorable. You are sooooo tempting me to buy that cuttlebug butterfly set! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I adore your butterfly card and well done on the lazy days skirts, I have been meaning to make one for ages. Love the polka dots.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave me a comment. It's so nice to hear from you! :)