Thursday, October 22, 2009

The Scrapper of Oz Round 2 & more...

It's been amazing to see all the creative entries coming in for Round 1 of The Scrapper of Oz comp this past week over at Scrapz Biz. So much thought and effort went into every entry...it was fantastic! Today all the details for Round 2 have gone up. Here's my sample page...

Love these new Crate Paper Season papers and chipboard...so cute!

It's not too late to enter the comp if you missed Round 1. Heike has structured the competition so you can enter at any time...so why not give it a go? The challenges have been a lot of fun (and the prizes are awesome!). You'll find all the details and criteria for each round in the forum.

There's also another fun little comp running at the moment called the Melbourne Cup Flutter. If you're one of the first 24 to upload a layout (following the criteria) to the gallery you'll receive an entry into the Scrapz Melbourne Cup sweep. The layout has to include the title "Ready Set Go", a colour combo from last years' race (a chart is displayed in the forum to choose from) and an element of time. Again you can find all the details in the forum. As always there are some great prizes up for grabs! Here's what I came up with using the blue/yellow/white combo...



(My element of time was the actual date and time of Ayden's junior sports carnival which is at the top of the layout.)

And last but not least, Jen's Monthly Challenge is still running until the end of October. This challenge is to create a layout about a place that is special to you, include the name of the location on the layout and upload it by the due date. Details can be found here. I decided to scrap this pic of Burleigh Beach. It's become one of our favourite places to go to relax and have fun as a family.

I loved using up some older stuff in my stash for this one...although that cute little seagull rub-on from Maya Road was new. :)

Well that's what's been keeping me busy this past week. Hope you've had a great one! I'll be back soon...

Sheree xx

ps. There's only a couple of weeks left until the HomeAway Retreat...YIPPEE!!!

9 comments:

  1. I'm loving all your work this week, faar out girl your good! We should meet up sometime real soon before the silly season hits us...I'm thinking of holding a crop day at my place within the next fortnight if your interested...I'll email you with all the details once they are finalised :) Hope your well and have a gorgeous weekend ahead of you! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Some stunning lo's here! I love your Ready, Set, Go... I think I may be lifting a few ideas from this post! hee hee..

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've said it before and I'll say it again (and again!!!) you create such lovely layouts. I will never tire of seeing them :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really like this one Sheree. Just love the colours and how you have done the two sides.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooohhh I can post again Hooray!!! I love your LOs as usual!! It makes me want to buy some crate paper!! Lol!!

    So good to be back, missed you!!

    Mel xx

    ps am trying to get my entries finished!!! (:

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous layouts Sheree..

    Not many sleeps now!!!

    Talk soon
    Cherie xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are beautiful Sheree! I especially love the Burleigh Beach one.

    Only a week and a half to the retreat!!!!! I'm so excited!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm with Mel. I never tire of looking at your gorgeous work. Such clever combinations of colours and patterns and textures, very inspiring.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely layouts Sheree, I especially love the first one, the design and great colours with the b/w pics. Not long now...I bet you are all organised. Me? I'll be stuffing things in a bag the night before! Take care, see you very soon!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave me a comment. It's so nice to hear from you! :)