Sunday, October 11, 2009

New friends and a little creating...

Hi there! How have you been? It's been go, go, go here with the holidays finishing and the boys heading back to school and kindy. They've really enjoyed going back though with is great.

During the week I had the pleasure of meeting up with Heike, Deb & Rach for the first time! (Leanne had come along too, but unfortunately had to leave early before we got to take the pic.)

It was so nice to finally meet them face-to-face after only chatting online. It's a shame we all live so far away from each other though... but I'm hoping we can do it again someday! It still amazes me how I've met so many lovely new friends online. Gotta love the internet!!!

The Scrappers of Oz comp has begun today over at Scrapz Biz and to get everyone started the DT have popped some samples into the gallery. Here's mine...

It was so much fun creating a scene like this! I haven't done paper piecing in ages.

Heike has put so much thought and effort into creating the challenges. It's not too late to join in...just head over to the forum for all the details. There are some amazing prizes on offer!

The weekly challenges are also running at the moment. I've set the Noteworthy challenge this time to create a card inspired by your fave holiday destination or activity. This is what I came up with as samples...



I've also got this one to share which I created for a World Card Making Day challenge...
(Sorry...This card has been accepted for publication. You'll be able to see it in Issue 76 of Scrapbook Creations Magazine!)

I've gotta run... We've had Mum and Dad here today which was really fun but now I've got a bit of cleaning up to do and dinner to organise. Until next time take care and thanks so much for dropping by!!

Sheree xx

7 comments:

  1. I really love that paper piecing page! Just gorgeous!

    Meeting online friends is the best! Luckily I had one scrapbuddy move across the country to around the corner from me lol life is so funny sometimes.

    Libby x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lucky you to meet up with those lovely ladies. And that page is just super cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like you had a lovely time catching up with your online friends, I cant wait to catch up with you in November...only 25 Days to go!!!!! exciting!!!

    Love the layout and the cards... the when I grow one is OH SO CUTE...you are just to clever

    Have a great week
    Chat soon

    Cherie xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a lovely catchup with online friends! It's wonderful that you had that opportunity. I'm so looking forward to meeting you at the retreat soon, and my other online friends!

    I love your cards! You do the coolest cards Sheree!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous photo, it looks like you had fun!
    Your LO is so cute and all those cards are beautiful! You're so clever!

    Yes, I can't wait to meet you at the retreat, I hope you don't mind me sharing with you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. OOOO I am going to steal that pic, need to remind Deb to email me a decent sized one - its a good one of everyone! Loving your creations for Scrapz lately.
    xoxoxo
    Looking forward to another catchup soon hopefully!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey, I missed the great photo of you and the girls- looks like so much fun. One day we will all have a BIG pow wow together :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave me a comment. It's so nice to hear from you! :)