Thursday, September 10, 2009

Cuttlebug butterfly cards, etc...

This week's Noteworthy challenge over at Scrapz Biz is all about butterflies! I love butterflies and use them quite often on my projects...who could resist? For my sample cards I used the Cuttlebug Butterfly Combo Set to cut and emboss the butterflies... (I just know I'm going to get a lot of use out of this set! Love it. *grin*)




I used Basic Grey Lemonade papers and Chip Stickers, Cuttlebug Swiss Dots embossing folder (on the first card) and Spellbinders Labels 1 (to get the shape of the second card).

All you have to do for this challenge is create a card with at least one butterfly on it. Stamp it, punch it... whatever you like! For more details on the challenge and how to enter click here. There are two shopping vouchers up for grabs!

I also had a go at Melleny's sketch challenge from last week...
I created the scallop frame using my Stampin' Up scallop border punch and managed to use up some old product mixed in with some new. Always feels good using up older stash!

Then I did Jen's Noteworthy challenge from last week too which was to use something recycled on a card. Ages ago I had cut out these little fabric shapes off one of Madi's shirts (which she'd destroyed by covering in permanent black pen) and thought one day I might be able to use them for something as they were so cute. This was the perfect opportunity!

The green check fabric background was also scrap material left over from another project. The colour matched really well!

On the homefront Ayden lost another tooth yesterday... another one already! Now he's got two gaping holes in his smile. LOL... Madi seems to be completely toilet trained! We're amazed at how easy it was for her... literally she was done after the first day and hasn't looked back! So it's bye bye to nappies at our place... that's gotta save us some money when we shop. Gotta love that! Riley's all excited as we'll be celebrating his birthday on the weekend and he's already snooping around the house trying to find his presents. :) He's got no chance. Hee hee hee

Before I go I wanted to say a big THANK YOU to Nic who gave me this adorable award...

How cute it that? Thanks Nic... you really are the sweetest and I truly appreciate it! *Mwah!*

Well, I hope you've all got a wonderful weekend planned! I'm off to grab a cuppa and watch The Amazing Race...love that show!

Take care,

Sheree xx

9 comments:

  1. Wow Sheree these cards are divine! I find cards SO hard and yours are just BEAUTIFUL!!

    Way to do Madi! That is just awesome!!!!! It certainly didn't go that way in our house! lol

    PS I LOVE the Amazing Race!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Really beautiful! I wish I had half your talent! *sigh*! LOL! I really love the colour you use. Hope you are having a great day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sheree you are creating some gorgeous things at scrapbiz. you seem to pull it all together just perfectly. what a clever girl madi is. it makes a big difference being out of nappies. have a great week. Leax
    PS retreat getting closer... can't wait to meet you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful cards Sheree and super cute layout...

    Well Done to madi...what a clever litle girl and woo hoo too no more nappies...

    Hope Riley has a fantastic birthday and gets spoilt rotten...

    Take care
    Cherie xx
    ps 56 days!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The cards are adorable Sheree! I have just recently purchased the swiss dots emb folder coz i seen it on your blog and I love it!!!! I have been eying off the cut and emboss butterflies..... now ive seen em in action well goodby savings! :) Have a fab weekend Sheree :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just gorgeous as usual Sheree & even better IRL. I definately think those butterflies will be a favourite with me too!! Now you have tempted me with those spellbinders!! LOL

    You just seem to be getting better and better (if that is possible) I just love what you are doing!!

    Go Madi such a clever girl!!

    Happy Birthday gorgeous Riley as well!!!

    PS I love amazing race too. Those two cheerleaders annoy the freejeebies out of me though!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. OMGosh Sheree your cards are gorgeous i love the butterflies sooooo much, tee hee! Hope your well honey! mwah

    ReplyDelete
  8. What special cards Sheree, I just love those butterflies, so clever!

    ReplyDelete
  9. So much happening in your household lately... loveall your creations and you are very welcome for the little bit of cuteness :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave me a comment. It's so nice to hear from you! :)