Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Hooty owls and little pigtails...

Hi everyone! We've been having the most gorgeous weather here lately... feels like spring is in the air already. They're even predicting 31 degrees here for Monday (which will feel like summer and set a new record for August!) although I think that'll be a bit of a shock to the system... We'll have to wait and see what happens. How has it been at your place?

Another week's gone by and it's time for a new set of weekly challenges over at Scrapz Biz. This week I've set the 'Noteworthy' card challenge which is to create a shaped card....something different to the usual square or rectangular shape that we all use.

I've created these cards as my samples... a tree card and a car card using some new little Basic Grey owl stamps (they're so cute!)... I've included a few close-up pics so you can see more of the detail.

I had so much fun creating these! The tree and car shapes I just drew onto plain paper to use as my template and then when I was happy with the basic shape I traced them onto the cardstock and paper to cut out. You just need to think about where you can put the fold of the card. (For example on my tree card the fold is down the left side of the tree trunk, while the roof became the fold on the car card.)

(If you'd like to enter this week's challenge just head over to the Designer Zone at Scrapz Biz for all the details.)

The other night I put this layout together for Melleny's sketch challenge... (Those little piggies were just so adorable!)

Melleny chose a Page Maps sketch for everyone to use... although my layout turned out nothing like the sketch! LOL Oh well...

I managed to use up a few older supplies out of my stash like the hot pink velvet K&Co letter stickers and the Making Memories die cut paper. I mixed in a little Bo Bunny (the green background and the cut-out flowers), some Heidi Swapp stickers... and the flower I actually found in the gift wrapping section at the newsagents. (I was planning to use it on a present a while ago and ended up using something else... so now it's found it's way onto this page.)

Well that's all the scrapping for this post! Before I head off I just wanted to post this pic of Ayden...it's probably the last pic of him with his two front baby teeth as the one on the right is about to fall out any moment! Seriously... it's SO wobbly I'm a little worried it might fall out while he's asleep tonight! We'll soon see!

He's growing up way too fast...

Until next time take care. Thanks so much for dropping by!

Sheree xx

(Edited to Add: Someone just left a comment asking what the black letter sticker were that I used on my 'First Pigtails' layout above. They're American Crafts Thickers - 'Rainboots'.... one of my faves at the moment. They also come in some other great colours like blue and yellow. Hope that helps! Sheree xx)

12 comments:

  1. Hi Sheree,

    Wow 31 thats unreal... its been almost 20 here the last few days which has been lovely, Im a bit over these cold dark morninings, makes it to hard to get up...

    LOVE the cards..so cute, you are so clever

    The layout is gorgeous, cute cute photos of Madi and her piggy tails...

    Hope Ayden did not swallow his tooth last night, I bet he would be so dissapointed if he did.

    78 days and counting!!!

    Chat soon
    Cherie xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have said it before and I'll say it again, you create such beautiful work!!! I hope Ayden doesn't swallow those teeth :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooo your cards are adorable!!! I just LOVE them!

    How's that tooth going? Tassy was worried about swallowing hers a few weeks ago! I think she'll lose her first top tooth in the next few weeks. I'm not looking forward to that! I love little baby teeth!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Sheree...cute, cute, cute cards!!!I just love them.
    Hope Aiden got to get his tooth into a glass for the Tooth Fairy!
    Tom has lost all 4 front ones so far...very exciting when the first one goes, really feels like they are growing up.
    Cheers,
    Deb
    x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your cards are so cute....but I really love that layout. Isn't she just the sweetest in her pig tails!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the lo and the cards!!! Her pigs are much longer now!! Lol

    it's funny when they lose teeth! Look out mum you will go broke with paying out the tooth fairy!!!

    Am loving all your work!!!! Awesome!!

    Me xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your work! Just wondering what the black lettering is that you've used? Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  8. oh that weather sounds fantastic!!!
    Sheree you are so clever. You always have such a lovely mix of creations on your blog. I was wondering when you craft and how you find the time with 3 littlies?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow!! Those cards are sensational Sheree!!! Totally cute and clever! I'd love to find some spare time to join in, you never know hey.... We are yet to lose any teeth but have some 'slightly' wobbly bottom ones. How different their smiles will look with gaps :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. oh my goodness those hooty owls are to die for!! LOVE love LOVE!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Just love these cards Sheree, and the ways you've photographed them is terrific. Whoever gets these is gonna be HAPPPPYYYY

    ReplyDelete
  12. love, love, love your pigtails lo! so cute! and those cards are amazing...

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave me a comment. It's so nice to hear from you! :)