Monday, August 24, 2009

Cuttlebug Cards 'For the Boys'...

On Saturday I had a lovely afternoon teaching my monthly Cuttlebug class at Sunbird Scrapbooking. Unfortunately it may be my last as it looks like the shop is closing down. It's so sad to think that there won't be a scrapping store there soon...these tough times are making it so hard for store owners to keep trading....such a shame.

We had a great bunch of ladies there on Saturday! This class was geared towards making cards for boys (or men) using the Cuttlebug...

(I used Cosmo Cricket Lil Man paper & Cuttlebug folders - Swiss Dots, Tiny Mosaic, Number Collage & Houndstooth.)





The following layout I did a couple of weeks ago. You might say I'm a little behind on scrapping birthday layouts since Ayden will be turning 7 in a couple of months...plus I don't think I've scrapped his 4th birthday yet either... and then there are Riley's and Madi's birthdays still to go too. I've got some catching up to do! LOL


(Papers and chipboard are Scenic Route plus I've used American Crafts Thickers and Jenni Bowlin Letter Stickers.)

I really wanted to share this drawing Riley did at Kindy last week while I'm here. They had the Dreamworld Wildlife show visit them for the morning showing them some animals. Riley was quite taken with the green tree frog and drew this...





I just think it's SO cute!!! LOL... I love it!! :) I'm disappointed I wasn't there on the morning to get some photos. Oh well.

Lea asked me (in the comments of my last post) when I craft and how I find time with three littlies.... Well I usually end up creating at night after they've gone to bed. I try to steal a bit of time during the day to organise which photos/papers/embellies I'm going to use so that when I sit down at night I'm ready to go. I'm a slow scrapper so I never get more than one layout done in one sitting. It amazes me how some people can do multiple layouts in a night! Wish I could do that. LOL (By the way... thank you all so much for the lovely comments about my cards and layout in the last post... you really made me smile :) )

We're heading for a hot day today. This weather is so unseasonal... it's supposed to get to 33 degrees! I can feel it getting warmer already. Hope you're all having a lovely Monday!

Sheree xx

ps. Ayden's tooth is hanging in there! I can't believe it hasn't fallen out yet... it'll be any day now!

10 comments:

  1. What super 'boys' cards. Such a shame the store might be closing. LOL at the tooth, it must be hanging by a thread. Have a lovely week

    ReplyDelete
  2. You never cease to amaze me... LOVE those cards and those donuts! hehe... I am behind on birthday layouts too, the every day pics seem to always inspire me and push their way into my LO's first...

    I have a little suprise for you over at my blog too :) x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great Cards Sheree. Its sad to hear of another scrap store closing down, the closest one to me is now 2 hours away!!!

    Great Layout and I love the donut cake...great idea.

    What a great drawing of a frog Riley you have done a great job.

    LOL the tooth!!!!

    Have a great week

    74 sleeps to go!!

    Chat soon
    Cherie xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the cards and lo they are even better IRL!!

    Wow hows that tooth still hanging in there, way to go Ayden!!!!

    I am sad about the shop, that's where I met you and it is soo close!!! at least I got something out of it...... A cool friend!! Won't be the same though!! Guess it will be all online for Us now!!!

    Hot you aren't joking!!!! It's sizzling!!! Thank god for air conditioning is all I can say!!!

    Me xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is an AWESOME frog! You cards are great too - boys cards can be so hard! For me anyway!

    Sad to hear yet another store might be closing. :(

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your cards Sheree. Sad to hear about the store...I feel guilty that I don't buy more from bricks and mortar local stores, but I've always found the convenience, range and prices of online stores so much more appealing. It's hard to go to even a nearby store with 2 kiddies.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am loving the cards, so cute.I will have to get so of the Cosmo Cricket Lil Man paper.

    ReplyDelete
  8. wow sheree...love these cards...I will be stealing these ideas!
    Sad about the store...seems to be everywhere.

    ReplyDelete
  9. love that donut cake! what a fab idea!!! and the lo looks just as delish!

    ReplyDelete
  10. oh you'll be all organised for fathers day-I am usually making mine the night before! sheree take a look at that photo of madi at the bottom of your post in the link within-made me smile.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave me a comment. It's so nice to hear from you! :)