Sunday, June 14, 2009

More sewing... and I finished Riley's Blanket!

After making the "Little Frilly" bag last week for Liv's birthday I was keen to have a go at the other little bag that was included in Janelle's "For the Girls" pattern. This one is called "Love Your Heart"... it's so cute! Madison just adores it... she calls it her 'pwetty bag'...LOL... I finally bought myself a 1/4 inch foot for my sewing machine too which really helped!
As soon as I'd finished sewing up the lining she took off with it to fill it up with toys and things... she's such a girlie girl!

I've also been working on Riley's blanket...you know the one I started LAST winter!? LOL... Well my poor little man has been asking me and asking me for weeks how it's going and when will it be finished... so I really focused on it this week... and I'm so happy (and relieved) to say that IT'S ALL DONE!!!! I stayed up until about 1am this morning to finish hand sewing it all together... and it was so worth it to see Riley's reaction when he awoke to find it laying on top of his bed....

My scrapping has been a bit neglected lately with my other little projects taking up most of my spare time... but I did finish off that one I mentioned in my last post using some of the Basic Grey Lime Rickey papers...

That's about all I have to show you for now. But before I go I thought I'd share these pics of Madi that I took yesterday. We found a ladybug in the garden and it's the first one she's ever seen. She LOVED it! Kept saying how 'pwetty' it was and how it 'liked' her. She sat for AGES letting it crawl all over her little fingers and up her arms before she put it back in the garden so it could 'go home to her babies'.


I'm off to bed... very tired after last night's effort... and it's almost midnight again! Have a great week!
Sheree xx

7 comments:

  1. Omg Sheree that bag is gorgeous!! I have to get my butt into gear & finish all my projects!! The blanket looks unreal too!! Riley looks stoked!!!

    How cute is madi with the ladybug??!! I can feel some layouts coming on!!!

    You are sooooo clever!!!! Love it all!!! Chat soon
    Love me xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ps forgot to say the layout is awesome too!!!! It looks great!!! Riley is growing up! How fast does it happen!!

    Me xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooo I love the bag! And the blanket - you are so clever. I can't knit at all.

    We love ladybugs in our house too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That bag is just way too CUTE... and how CUTE is Madi with her new bag...

    LOVE the colours on Riley blanket and he looks very pleased with it too.

    The Layout is gorgeous... you are just way to clever!!!

    Chat soon
    Cherie xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. OOOh the bag is divine!! Totally love the colours and it's perfect for a little girl. And the blanket is FABULOUS!!! It was really lovely to see it all finished.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow!!Sheree you have been very crafty. How sweet is that little handbag and the little one holding it even sweeter.
    Riley's blanket looks amazing, no wonder he loves it so much.
    As always you layout is beautiful.
    I'll be up your way next week for 5 days, staying in Miami to visit my nephew and his family.
    Have a wonderful week.
    cheers

    Leeannexxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. oh sheree the blanket looks great. i LOVE the colours you have used. lol at madi with the little bag-both so cute.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave me a comment. It's so nice to hear from you! :)