Friday, May 15, 2009

And now for an update...

I think this could be a long one... so grab a cuppa and a comfy chair! I'll try not to ramble too much. LOL... Here we go...

Mother's Day was just beautiful! I woke up to 3 very excited little faces handing me pressies in bed. The boys had both made me gorgeous cards at school and kindy... aren't they the best kind of cards to receive?

These were from Ayden. He chose the massager and coffee mug at the Mother's Day stall at school and he decorated the soap in class. So cute!

Here's the inside of his card. I love the little picture of him and I under the big colourful rainbow.... and that message... adorable!

And Riley proudly gave me these...
We actually spent a lovely afternoon together at Kindy last Friday for a special Mother's Day afternoon tea when he made me these. I may be getting off track a little but I just have to record what we did. When I arrived at the Kindy, Riley led me around to some activities around the room. First he made me that sparkly heart pin for my shirt, then he led me to a seat where he proceded to five me a lovely back massage (using one of those plastic thingys) and rubbed some handcream into the backs of my hands, he then drew me the totally cute self portrait, we read a book together, then we made the beaded 'pandora' bracelet. We then all sat on the mat together and the kids sang us some songs (it literally brought tears to my eyes to see Riley singing to me - it's the first time he's ever joined in with the others to sing - it was the best part of the whole day for me!) The cupcake in the picture they made the week before to give us as our special Mother's Day gift... so cute as they'd also made real cupcakes which we snacked on for afternoon tea. It was a gorgeous afternoon and his teachers had obviously gone to a lot of trouble!

Ok... back to the actual Mother's Day.... Paul and the kids also got me a Bind-it-all!!! I've been wanting one of these for ages.. and this one is the V 2.0 which cuts thicker chipboard. Yay! I also got some new winter pj's which I really needed. I felt very spoiled that's for sure.
Paul then made me our traditional pancake breakfast... YUM! Then Mum & Dad came to visit for the day. We remembered to snap a couple of pics....here's Mum and I...
And here's the best pic we could get of the kids and I.... little wrigglers they were! Can you tell that Riley and Madi weren't in the mood? LOL
Paul cooked us a delicious lunch and we all enjoyed spending the day together.

Monday saw us spending the morning at the school for Ayden's first Cross Country run. Well... they called it cross country but it was actually more like morning of activities that they made their way around.
They did the egg & spoon race, some sprints, a lap of the oval, Duck Duck Goose and another funny game called Stork Crab Dog. We took a blanket and followed Ayden's class around to the different events to watch and cheer him on. He had lots of fun! I love that the school (particularly at this age) doesn't focus on winning ribbons, but rather focuses on participating and having a good time. It was such a beautiful morning for it too!

The rest of the week has been a bit of a blur... I can't believe it's Friday already! Yesterday I bought myself a Slow Cooker. It's the first time I've ever owned or used one (I know I'm a bit behind on these things...LOL)... but with the weather so cool I thought I'd give it a go... so...I've already got dinner cooking! Seems strange that dinner is already on at 10 in the morning... but I'm hoping everyone enjoys it tonight! It'll be great to have something different...now we'll just have to get the kids to eat it... could be interesting...

Oh yeah...my very clever Dad made me this recently...
I LOVE IT!!!! I was finding that having my wood mounted stamps in a pile on the shelf I wasn't using them as I couldn't see what I had. I've now got this sitting on my scrap desk. It doesn't take up much space and I can see all my stamps at a glance! (Thanks again Dad... it's awesome!!!)

Before I go here's a layout I put together last night.... just one layout this week as I'm still knitting Riley's blanket.... slowly but surely getting there! LOL

Hope you're all gearing up for a great weekend! Looks like gorgeous weather here... crossing my fingers it stays that way. Take care!

Sheree xx

8 comments:

  1. Wow another huge post...

    Sounds like you had a FANTASTIC Mothers Day and got spoilt rotten...

    Can't wait to see what you come up with your bind it all... I have one and hardly ever use it...you maybe able to inspire me...LOL

    How lucky are you to have a talented Dad too, your shelf look great...

    Love the layout...

    have a great weekend
    Cherie xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mother's Day is just so special isn't it... you sure got spoilt too!! I got an early pressies.. a dishwasher - I'm still so in love with it!!! along with the gorgeous handmade kiddy pressies that i adore just as much!
    I SO want to organise my scrap room and get one of those stamp shelves, it's fantastic!! I also have a very clever Dad that would love to whip one up I'm sure :-)
    Enjoy your weekend. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like you had a wonderful mothers day! And you were spoilt! You lucky thing! I love your new shelves! Great work dad!

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW what a great mothers day. Glad you got spoilt you deserve it!!

    I can feel a bind it all night coming up!!!

    what gorgeous pressies from the boys!! Looove your stamp storage too. what a clever dad aren't we lucky to have them.

    Of course Love the LO as usual!!!

    chat soon

    Me xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. So glad you had a lovely MOther's Day and oh my goodness, the stamp cabinet is so, so good!!
    Melx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad you had a wonderful mother's day! I especially love the "pandora" bracelet!! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  7. love catching up on your news, how sweet is your dad .. your stamps look very stylish!
    you and Mel got lovely mother's day gifts ... lucky girls!
    have a great week
    luv chanel

    ReplyDelete
  8. those handmade pressies from the kids are the best ones! ps shelf looks so great too!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave me a comment. It's so nice to hear from you! :)