Thursday, May 7, 2009

2nd Blog Birthday!!!

Two years ago I started up this little blog not really having any idea what I was doing or how long I'd keep it up for. I had no idea how it would become such a fun part of my everyday... that I would make so many beautiful online friends through it! I'd like to say a huge THANK YOU to each and every one of you who drop by from time to time... and to those of you who take the time to leave me a comment...I LOVE to read them and it brightens my day to hear from you!

To celebrate my blog's birthday... or blogiversary (? hee hee hee) I thought I'd do a little giveaway...
If you'd like to go into the draw for this Black Apple Doll (from my last blog post) and needle holder (also made by me), all you need to do is leave a comment on this post by midnight Thursday 14 May...too easy!

I've been a little slack on updating over the last couple of weeks... and I have to confess that I've go no scrapping to share... sorry! I've been caught up doing other things lately and my scrapping has fallen by the way side....
My sewing machine saw some action the other day after I saw this totally cute craft apron on this clever gal's blog.... I love the fabrics she used and the gigantic flower! I thought I'd give it a go so I made up a simple pattern and managed to put this together with fabrics I already had...I wished I'd had some other bigger flowers in my stash... but I just used up what I had. It was fun to make either way.

I've also been knitting! I started this blanket for Riley last winter and never got it finished (surprise surprise... LOL).

Mum worked on one for Ayden (yes she finished knitting it last year of course!) which I just sewed together a couple of weeks ago so I thought I'd better get a move on to get Riley's done... especially since he keeps asking me for it!! LOL... It's taking up a lot of my time lately...I'm not a super fast knitter like my Mum!

On Monday we decided to take the kids up to O'Reilly's to do their Tree Top Walk. Paul had heard about it and had been wanting to do it for ages... so we jumped into the car and went for a drive. It took a while to get there with long winding roads... and when we got there we couldn't believe how busy it was!!! (We shouldn't have been surprised though knowing it was a public holiday.) It was also quite chilly so I was glad I'd grabbed some jumpers before we left home. (Paul didn't think he'd need one... ha ha ha)

It was a beautiful area and the kids had a ball exploring the walking tracks... and the tree top walk was fun... and a little scary being so high on the suspension walkways! LOL... We've decided we need to make more time to do this sort of thing.. we don't do it enough!

This gorgeous charm necklace arrived in my letterbox recently too...I LOVE IT!! I was lucky enough to win it over on Chanel's blog and I've been wearing it everywhere! It's from her beautiful jewellery range at Enjoy Jewellery. Go and check out her site... she's got some gorgeous pieces there!

And it finally happened....I got hooked on Twilight!!!

Paul brought home the DVD the other night knowing I wanted to see it. I hadn't had time to read the books up until now and was wondering what all the fuss was about... but once I saw the movie that was it! I went out and bought all the books the next day and now I'm reading every chance I get! LOL... I knew it would eventually happen.... :)

Well I think that just about covers everything.....it's turned into a mammoth post! Hope you've all got a lovely Mother's Day weekend planned. My Mum and Dad will be spending the day here so I'm really looking forward to it.
Enjoy!
Sheree xx
ps. Don't forget to leave a comment to go into the draw! :)

21 comments:

  1. I love your little black apple dolls...(so much so, that I also downloaded the pattern! Lol! Don't have a clue as to when I will get around to making one!) hehehe.

    I think we will also have to try out that treetop walk. It looks fantastic. One out near future goals is to visit Lamington National Park and the areas around about it! Can't wait.

    Hope you have a wonderful Mother's day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW what a mammoth post!!!
    LOVE the doll and needle holder and HOW CUTE is the apron.... I may even try to make one of those myself!!!

    Knitting too...wow you are on fire girl...

    LOVE the nicklace...lucky you

    WELCOME to the club...Twilight freaks that is...you know how much I LOVE twilight so any time you want to chat about it just jump online, Im always up for a chat about Twilight...

    Have a great Mothers Day and I know you will get spoilt by your gorgeous family

    Chat soon
    Cherie xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on two years :)

    I would love to be included in your draw, the doll and needle holder are both totally adorable and I adore the fabrics you've used.

    Yay for the knitting - I hope it's finished soon, the yarn colours are striking and it's going to be so warm and beautiful when it's all done.
    Melx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow what an awesome giveaway! I love your dolls! I'm still keen to make one myself! Knitting too! That's one thing I CAN'T do (and I've tried, lol).

    I've seen Twilight but haven't read the book... yet, :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay now your a twerd like me!!! (a twilight nerd!) I does become an obsession.... Love the little apron i have just bookmarked the site and i think i give my self a go at one. And the little black apple doll is gorg! Happy blog bday! Love catching up on your craftyness. xx Did you make the doll yourself? Love it!
    Happy mothers day for sunday! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOve that necklace, and congrats on your two year old blog!
    Tara x

    ReplyDelete
  7. what a great post. lots of stuff. I love your sewing but you know that. Although I'd love to win that would be a bit cheeky seeing we are close!! *GRIN*

    Orileys is cool huh. Looks like you guys had heaps of fun!!

    Twilight - well you know my story!!! LOL

    Cute necklace too. So cool you won it!!! Go Chanel!!!

    chat soon you sewing, scrapping, knitting legend!!!

    Love Me xxx

    PS I would love an apron (nudge nudge wink wink) *chuckle*

    PPS Happy Mothers Day gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  8. happy blogiversary to yooooo, happy blogiversary to yoooo, happy blogiversary dear shereeeeeeeeeeee happy blogiversary to yoooohoooo:)

    now that i have the formalities crossed off...how great does the treetop walk look? wow! love your little apron too-why aren't you modelling it? beautiful fabrics you have chosen. i love your mix of scrapping, family, life and other crafty bits on your blog. happy blogiversary sheree:)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Picked a good day, oops night to check out your blog. Your dolly is very cute, What is this, she knits, she sews, she cooks and she scraps, I'm ashamed of myself. I have lots of unfinished knitting, sewing and scrapping. Been wanting to do that walk for 14 years, probably have to wait another 14 too. The books are great and find them hard to put down once I start reading, enjoyed the movie but book was better. Keep on blogging.
    See you soon with a load of unfinished stuff!!!

    Val

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congratulations on your 2 year anniversary! I love your scrappin' pages - I gaze at them all the time!

    Have a Happy Mother's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Happy Blogiversary...
    Thanks for visiting my blog... inspired by your cute blog I have visited House of 3 and downloaded and uploaded a design myself... thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Aaaah, you are going to think I'm commenting because of the RAK, but I would have anyway! I had no idea it was your blog anniversary when I clicked on your name above mine on Mardi's blog. :) I do like to pop in from time to time ;)
    You are very clever with the sewing and knitting. Me - I've just made my first two batches of completely handmade soap!
    Happy Bloggiversary. :) xx Moi

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hey "oh miss Talented one" Wow Some great stuff girl. How ever do you fit it all in. I Love Busy People, who never seem to stop. It's almost been 1 year since our Wedding, and I'm madly trying to finish our Wedding Album. I have a few weeks left and I needed 2 albums I have done so many pages. I promised the Health Club Members I would display the album in time for the 1 year celebrations. Thanks for Inspiring and helping me at the start.
    Kylie Vincent

    ReplyDelete
  14. oh, your doll certainly is a good excuse to come out of the woodwork LOL
    always love reading your blog sheree- love all the crafts youve been doing too- im rather obsessed with knitting and crochet at the moment too..
    cheers
    jane

    ReplyDelete
  15. Congrat's on the 2yr blog thing. I always check it out. Seems this week I have been doing more scrapping than you. Love the dolls which i was that clever, but the sewing machine and I do't really get on. Have a great Mother's day
    Love Kate

    ReplyDelete
  16. Congrats on you blogiversary!! I too am amazed at how starting up my little blog has brought me... I really enjoy it. I would LOVE to take in your little dolly.. they are so gorgeous!!
    Husbands think they are tuff don't they.. mine always says 'it won't be cold' and is usually thankful when I pull out a jumper later on for him anyway...
    LOVE that charm necklace, will have to check out that site - thanks!! Lucky you for winning one..
    Have a great weekend. Hopefully I'll have something scrappy at the end of it to share myself. Busy busy lately and limited scrap time :-(
    Take care. xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. I have read your blog for ages and never left a message (didnt know how till now...) I too have had no time to scrap, but I think you have inspired me to get sewing lessons. What's this craze on Twilight??? I love to read too so this looks like the next book..LOL

    The Black Apple Doll would sooo cute next my golliwogs...

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love your little dolls Sheree - and that crafty apron is such a great idea too. We went to O'Reillys a few years ago and thought it was just beautiful!! And you should join the "Twerds" group at the boxx now too :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. hi sheree,
    love your creativity, the doll is so cute....congradulations on your 2nd blog birthday...always enjoy reading your blog and seeing what you have made....
    love jo XX

    ReplyDelete
  20. thanks for the plug sweetie. I love your cute dolls ... you are so nice giving one away!
    i think i will have to do a trip down and visit you girls!~
    have a great week
    luv chanel

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave me a comment. It's so nice to hear from you! :)