Saturday, April 25, 2009

This week...

What a stunning day we had here today! We decided to head to the beach for the afternoon. As soon as we got there the boys headed straight for the water. Even though the water was a little cold they just couldn't help themselves. Madi on the other hand was quite happy sitting up on the sand digging with her little spade and making sandcastles with Mummy. It was great to squeeze in another beach day before winter sets in.The boys both had a fun week back at school and kindy but I think Madi was missing them a little. She loved having them both home to play with over the holidays. Paul is flat out at work as always... don't know how he's keeping up with everything!?

I got busy with my sewing machine making a few more dolls this week. They're a little addictive! LOL! They're so cute and so easy to make. Mel came over for a sewing night Thursday night... it was much more fun sewing them together! I managed to get a couple done that night and finished off the other 2 the next day. Mel made great progress on a couple for her girls and I'm looking forward to seeing hers all finished. Here are my latest four....
Tonight I thought I'd give the April Sketch Comp a go over at Anna's Craft Cupboard. I don't often get around to entering these things.... but this time I got scrapping! Here's my take on the sketch....

(The left side got sliced off a little in the scan... sorry about that!) I just love these pics of Madi... especially the larger one! Just about everything on this one is American Crafts, except for the Jillibean journalling spot, the Pink Paislee letter stickers and Sandylion butterfly stamps.

We don't have too much planned for the rest of the weekend...but might think about doing some Mother's Day shopping tomorrow. It'd be nice to be organised...plus I think I'd much prefer to shop than do housework... ewww!

Well... hope you're having a great weekend. Take care!

Sheree xx

9 comments:

  1. ooooohhhh love how the LO turned out!!! Soooo cute.

    Love the dolls, yes I will get mine posted soon.

    The beach looked like a lot of fun. We have had some beautiful days......mmmm wish it could stay summer or autumn forever!!!

    chat soon
    Me xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. hi Sheree, great pics-it's freezing, raining and windy here today! Love your take on the sketch-good luck:) and that is the most beautiful photograph of Madi. As a busy mummy of 3 Sheree, I was wondering when you create...I love all the dolls too, little paisley number is my favourite:)have a great week!Leax

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the beach photos....lovely to look at as it is freezing here today only 13deg!!!!

    Your dolls are so cute, I think I will make a few more too...after I get some nice material and more stuffing.

    The layout is GORGEOUS and how cute are those photos of Madi and all the AC papers are devine....

    have a great week
    Cherie xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Loving your take on the sketch Sheree it looks fabulous. Madi looks so happy and very very cute indeed.

    How nice to still be going to the beach. An early winter has hit Melbourne this weekend, so it's very cold, windy but sadly still not a lot of rain.

    Have a wonderful week

    Leeanne xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh more gorgeous dolls! I really love them!

    ReplyDelete
  6. absolutely love the dolls, they are gorgeous

    ReplyDelete
  7. i love the dolls, they are darling! the beach photos are gorgeous too ...
    have a lovely long weekend!
    luv chanel

    ReplyDelete
  8. I agree - those photos are gorgeous!!! What a happy girl you have there...
    Gorgeous dollies... I know the feeling, once you pull out the machine out and get started it's hard to stop!

    ReplyDelete
  9. gorgeous layout... and those little dolls are just too cute...

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave me a comment. It's so nice to hear from you! :)