Monday, April 20, 2009

Dolls, Cards & a Layout...

The school holidays are officially over... and boy they flew by fast! Tomorrow morning will be back to school lunches, uniforms and school runs again. It's been so nice having both the boys home and that they've had lots of time together and with Madi to play and just hang out. We didn't really go anywhere too exciting with Paul so busy with work, but they still had trips to the movies, the beach, visits with Nanna & Grandpa, the scooter park, etc... so they've had fun.

In amongst it all I found some time to sew during last week. After visiting Cherie's blog and seeing the gorgeous little dolls that she had made with her daughters, I had the sudden urge to make Madi one! Cherie e-mailed me the link for the free pattern and tutorial on the Martha Stewart website and half an hour later I had fabric all over the floor trying to decided what to use. I was only going to make one... but got a little carried away and ended up making four!
Don't they look happy? I was planning on keeping a couple as gifts, but as soon as Madi saw them she claimed them all... so I guess I'll be making some more now. They were quite fun and pretty easy to make.

Mum and Dad came down and stayed for the weekend so Paul and I could go out to dinner and a movie on Saturday night - our belated anniversary celebration. We haven't been out without the kids in SOOOO long... we felt quite lost! LOL... But it was wonderful. So nice just to relax and enjoy a meal together and chat... then we headed to the movies and saw Fast & Furious - boys movie for sure but still enjoyed it.

I ran my monthly Cuttlebug Card Class at Sunbird Scrapbooking yesterday. We had another great bunch of ladies come along... and my Mum came too! It's the first time she's ever been to one of my classes and it was so much fun to have her there! Here are the cards from the class using the Kaiser Fun Fair papers...


Here's one last share for today. I've come to the conclusion that I really struggle with pastel coloured papers on layouts! LOL... I really wanted to keep the colours soft and pretty on this one to tone in with the colours in the photos... It didn't turn out quite the way I'd pictured...oh well! (The great thing is that everything I used on the layout has been in my stash for ages. Love using up old stuff!)

I hope you've all had a great weekend! Thanks so much for stopping by!
Sheree xx

10 comments:

  1. what a great post. So many things you get done. I LOVE your dolls.....nudge nudge wink wink.

    Love the LO too as usual, its gorgeous.

    mmmm school runs bring on the next holidays!!!

    Chat REAL soon.

    Love Me xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Sheree.
    I just LOVE those dolls. I can see them all smiling at me...hehe! If I were Madi, I could claim them all too. :)
    How I wish I could sew. :( I am REALLY bad at it!
    Love those cards. They are all stunning!
    Hope you and well.
    Oh and I LOVE Madi's bed. Looks so girly and beautiful and she is growing up way too fast!
    Enjoy the rest of your week won't you?!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your work! thanks for your comments on my blog! Those dolls are gorgeous! Love the big bed page! I just took the same photos of my daughter!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh WOW your dolls are so CUTE...
    Seeing that you are such a great sewer I knew you would be able to whip some up in no time...

    Your cards are gorgeous, I love the love you one with the birds ... too cute!!!

    Look at Madi on her big bed...she looks so grown up... The layout is fantastic, does not look like you struggled with it at all...

    Have a great week,
    Chat soon
    Cherie xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Sheree did you hand stitch or machine stitch those dolls. Arent they adorable :)
    Leanne

    ReplyDelete
  6. I LOVE using up old stuff too! And I think the layout is gorgeous! Madi looks SO big in those pics too!

    I have to make some of the Black Apple dolls! I didn't know about the free pattern but I could recognise the design straight away! I like yours better than the samples on Martha's site!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are certainly on fire at the moment those dolls are just so cute. I totally get why Madi wants them all.

    Love the LO too such soft pretty girly colours.

    cheers

    Leeanne

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love those cards.. I have that paper, can't wait to have a play!! Gorgeous pastel layout and dollies... your kids are lucky to have such a creative Mummy!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. oh sheree the dolls are absolutely gorgeous and love your lo-i think you do pastels just fine!

    ReplyDelete
  10. your cards are gorgeous ... love the layout too!
    the dolls are just devine ... i would love to make one too (just gotta find some time!) so cute!luv chanel

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave me a comment. It's so nice to hear from you! :)