Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Making me happy right now....

There are a few things making me happy right now... seeing how well Ayden's doing at school and learning to read, Riley's now loving Kindy and there's no more tears when I drop him off... and Madi's finally started saying her own name yesterday! (She's always referred to herself as 'bubby' until now.) And then there are these little goodies I just got my hands on....

Some of the latest release Hero Arts stamps....I can't wait to start having a play with them! I've become a regular visitor to the Hero Arts blog lately. There are so many cool ideas and there's a new post almost every day if you're looking for inspiration! Check it out if you're interested.

I do have some cards and layouts to share with you today. First up are a set of 3 cards I created using the Kaiser Spirograph paper range and some Stampendous butterfly stamps. It's also the first time I got to use my new Cuttlebug - lots of fun!

Now for a couple of layouts. Both feature pics of Madi so they're quite girly. (Sorry they're not the greatest scans as they're a little lumpy bumpy...)
For the leaves on the 'Sugar & Spice' layout I used the Leafy Branch embossing folder and white cardstock, cut out the embossed image and inked it sage green to match the layout. The butterflies were punched from kraft cardstock and sprayed with some glimmermist.

The scalloped edge down the right side of the next layout doesn't actually have anything behind it (the white you can see is my scanner). (I probably should have photographed it instead...LOL) I love these photos of Madi.... can't believe how short those pigtails are!!! Her hair has grown quite a bit since these pics were taken...

That's about it for now. I did get a layout done last night on our visit to the Railway Workshops Thomas day last year but I'll add that one into my next post.
Hope you're all having a great week!
Sheree xx

11 comments:

  1. Lovely work. those spyrograph papers are some of my faves lately.
    Can I ask if you get the hero arts stamps here in Australia and if so where, haven't seen them anywhere yet and would love to get my hands on some?
    cheers,
    sue
    bsfitz@supernerd.com.au

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous Cards and Beautiful Layouts...you are just too clever...
    I too love those photos of Madi...just too cute...
    Glad to hear that the tears have stopped at kinder, makes life a lot easier and less stressing for you.
    Have a great week
    Cherie xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful lo's Sheree...and I am soooo jealous of the yummy hero arts stamps! hehehe

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such beautiful layouts and cards...I really love your new stamps too.
    Yay for happy kinder moments :)
    Melx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh great cards! I have so much trouble with cards... may have something to do with only using my scraps, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  6. ooohh sheree, love the stamps, the cards, the layouts, love those beautiful big eyes of madi's,love it all. oh LOVE your blog makeover-gorgeous! how do you find the time!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous layouts!!! Always are. I love the new stamps. the borders one looks espically handy! Can't wait to see what you come up with for that one!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ha Ha Ha Sheree!!! Read it you will absolutly love it! I figure im obsessed coz i just want an Edward to myself. You will understand the delema once you get hooked on the book! I'll get over it. he he he he xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous Sheree... love them all!! I too love stamps.. getting quite a collection myself! xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful artwork Sheree.
    Love the cards.

    So glad to hear the kids are doing well, its always such a relief :o)

    Hope you are having a wonderful weekend.

    Rachie :o)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hiya Sheree...
    Those photos are darling :)
    Your cards and pages are gorgeous.
    Glad the tears have stopped for Riley... tears are the worst :(
    Bek xo

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave me a comment. It's so nice to hear from you! :)