Wednesday, February 18, 2009

A quick update...

Ok...so I know I haven't posted in a while but I just haven't felt like blogging over the past week or so. The horrific fires in Victoria...so much devastation and tragic loss... so many people whose lives have been affected.... I've been filled with sadness hearing the stories of what people have been through... but also filled with pride at how so many Aussies have banded together to help the survivors any way they can with donations and whatever they can think of. If you haven't had the opportunity yet please consider donating to the Victorian Bushfire Appeal.
We haven't had too much happening here. School runs, work, kindy... all the usual things. Thankfully Riley had a great day at kindy last Friday...the first day he hasn't cried when we dropped him off since the first day he started so maybe things are looking up! He came home buzzing about his day and telling us all the fun things he got to do so hopefully he's now getting used to the routine and getting to know his teachers and new friends a little better. He goes again tomorrow so fingers crossed!

I've got one layout to share from my Scrap-a-Sketch class today at Sunbird Scrapbooking. (I'll have to share the second layout once I've photographed it... just realised I haven't done that yet! I know... pretty slack! LOL)

Hmmm... I think a cuppa and chocolate should finish off my night nicely... I'm off to put the kettle on! Enjoy the rest of the week! I'll be back soon with another update... won't leave it so long next time!

Sheree xx

6 comments:

  1. woohoo first one for a change...LOL...about time you posted, but totally understand, haven't felt like blogging myself. It is awesome to see Aussies banding together though.

    Love the LO, beautiful, fave papers of course!!! They are just getting better & better, if that is possible???

    Have great week, chat soon. Me xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the layout, gorgeous photo of the boys in your life...

    Have a great week,
    Cherie xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Sheree,

    Like you the urge to BLOG has gone out the window lately. The fires have just been so devasting no words seem enough to cover the overwhelming grief and heartache for all those who have been affected. Yet wonderful to see how people have responed it's been amazing.

    Love your layout and great design.

    cheers

    Leeanne x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know just what you mean about the lack of blogging. I kind of feel like there are more important issues ATM too...but the Aussie spirit has really made me swell with pride to be an Aussie :)
    Gorgeous LO!
    xxTam

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is beautiful Sheree! Love how you've used the lace cardstock and curled the flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  6. yahoooooooooooooooooo
    I finally worked it out.
    Thanks sooo much for your help over the last yr. I love scrapbooking. It takes my mind off everything else. I will really miss it.
    Love Kate

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave me a comment. It's so nice to hear from you! :)