Monday, December 22, 2008

Heidi and a little sharing...

Wowee... what a crazy couple of weeks it's been!! But of course the highlight for me would have to be Create 08 with Heidi Swapp!!!!! Mel, Leanne and I has such a FANTASTIC time!! (Had a gorgeous bunch of ladies at our table too!) The retailer's night on the Friday night was great... we learned some new techniques, and made a banner (mine's now hanging in my scraproom - love it!) and then Saturday was a full-on day of inspiration and creating! We completed a few pages of our 2009 calendar, then put together a really cool mirror book mini album. (I can't wait to get back into finishing them off after Christmas is over.) Heidi was wonderful and so down to earth -a lot of fun and so inspiring! She took the time to chat with everyone and her and Chanel made sure we all had a great day. We came away from there totally re-energised with heaps of new techniques and ideas... and some really cool projects to finish off. We managed to snap a few photos in amongst it all...these ones were taken on the Friday night on Mel's camera...

Mel, Leanne and I...
Heidi!!! ...
After Create 08, I had to totally shift my focus into Christmas mode again... (pretty hard since all I wanted to do was get in there and scrap! LOL) How crazy are the shopping centres!!?!! Thankfully I'm all done with shopping now... plus I've finished all my handmade gifts and all I have to do now is finish off my wrapping! Phew! It's all kept me flat out busy (which is why my blog has been so neglected lately... sorry about that!).. but at least now the pressure is off and I'm really looking forward to Christmas Day! We're heading up to Mum and Dad's place for the day.. should be fun! The kids cannot wait and have been counting down the days!

I've got a little bit of creating to share. No layouts I'm afraid (haven't had time!) but I did make these little Christmas ornaments using the Basic Grey chipboard ornaments and Imaginisce Snowy Jo papers...
Here are a couple of Christmas cards I made using my fave Darkroom Door stamps...
(I've just realised that since I took this photo I've actually added a little red & white check ribbon to each reindeer's neck... it finished them off nicely.)

I've also been sewing little handmade gifts. I can't share them all just yet as a couple of friends haven't seen theirs yet... but I did make a few of these little fabric baskets and filled them with yummy biscuits and chocolates for a few workmates...
They were so easy to make and I found the pattern here via Melissa Goodsell's blog. If you need a last minute gift give it a go! Seriously... they don't take long to make and they're really cute!
If any of you have kids and you haven't had time to post a letter to Santa this year, then check out www.emailsanta.com . It's fantastic! You get a response straight away and the kids just love it! Check it out for yourself.
Oh... and before I go I want to say a big HAPPY BIRTHDAY to Cherie since it's her birthday today! (Hope you get totally spoiled!!!!)
And to all of you who pop in to read my little blog from time to time and to those of you who leave a comment to brighten my day, I wish you all (and your families) a wonderful, safe and Merry Christmas!!! (I truly love that you take the time to visit!!) I hope you have a day full of family, fun and relaxation... and that Santa brings you something nice!
Merry Christmas everyone!!!
Sheree xx
PS. ONLY 3 SLEEPS TO GO!!!

5 comments:

  1. Sounds like you had a great time at Heidi Sheree! Love the photo of you and her!

    Beautiful ornaments too. They are all so sweet and I love those gifts!

    Thankyou so much once again for my gift, you are so talented and such a beautiful person.

    Have a very Merry Christmas Sheree.

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh sheree beautiful beautiful creations. LOVE the ornaments!!! as well as your cute cards. You have been so busy and clever too-wish I worked with you. I am sure your beautiful bags will be so well received! Take care and Merry Christmas, hope the Forcier Family are spoilt and have a wonderful day together!

    ReplyDelete
  3. woohoo a blog post!!! I have been waiting. Thank you so much for my GORGEOUS pressie. You are a beautiful & generous friend. I haven't posted it in case other people haven't got theirs yet!! LOL

    Love the ornaments, love all the rest as usual!!!Thanks to you & your design I made some beautiful boxes that looked cool. Didn't manage to get my cards done LOL

    see you soon. Love Ya Me xxx

    PS Merry merry christmas

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great photo of you and Heidi...mine was shocking, I wont be sharing it on my blog!!!

    I love the ornaments, they are beautiful...

    And again thank you for the GORGEOUS GORGEOUS handmade gifts you are way to kind xoxoxox

    Have a fantastic Christmas, I hope santa spoils you...(you deserve it)
    Take care, hugs and kisses to all
    Cherie xxooxxoo

    ReplyDelete
  5. hi sheree,
    great to hear alls good with you, you sound like you have been very busy....wow i am so envious you have scrapped so many lovely pages....i still haven't finished the one from last year in our scrap class....how bad is that....looking forward to catching up in feburary scrap class....
    love jo

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave me a comment. It's so nice to hear from you! :)