Sunday, December 7, 2008

Another week closer to Christmas!

Christmas sure is coming up fast! How is everyone going with preparations? I'm getting there slowly but surely. At least I've got the kids' prezzies sorted so that's one big thing out of the way!
We started December by putting up the tree and decorations on the 1st. We waited until Ayden got home from school then we put on some Christmas music and got right into it. The kids had so much fun going through the decorations box and putting them on the tree. (Why is it though that kids like to put 10 decorations all on the one branch? LOL) We had to wait until it got dark for the lights to go on...I managed to snap this pic of the kids as they ooh'd and ahh'd at the pretty lights...We had Ayden's school Christmas concert on Thursday afternoon and thankfully the rain held off for them! Ayden's class sang "Aussie Jingle Bells" and it was so fun to watch. Ayden had been practicing for weeks at home! They all had to wear a singlet, shorts and thongs (very Aussie!) and something Christmassy on their heads... Ayden chose reindeer antlers... very cute!

I finally sat down and made some Christmas cards over the last couple of days using my favourite new Darkroom Door stamps...

How cute are those reindeer?! Once I've sent my cards out I'll share what I did with them...

I'm also attempting to do a December Daily album in amongst everything else! You can read all about it here on Ali Edwards' blog. I know a lot of you are doing one too and I'm looking forward to seeing how your albums progress! Since I'm not printing my photos at home (I prefer the shop printed quality) I'll share some of my pages once I've got them done. Just didn't have time this weekend.

I do have a couple of layouts to share though. These have appeared in Scrapbooking Memories a couple of months back...

The first one I actually did last year! Sorry about the dodgy pic... looks a little crooked... but it was just too lumpy to scan with those ribbon flowers. This photo was taken the first time Madi felt grass beneath her feet.

It's a bit hard to see the detail on the next one, but the butterfly wings were cut away from the paper and pop-dotted off the page to add dimension. I backed it with black cardstock to give a shadowy effect.


I received this lovely blog award recently by these gorgeous gals - Belinda, Leanne, Leeanne and Nic. (Thankyou so much girls! I love that you drop by from time to time!)

The rules are...

1. The winner may put the logo on their blog.

2. Put a link to the person who sent you the award.

3. Nominate 5 blogs.

4. Put links to their blogs.

5. Leave a message for your nominees.

So now it's my turn to pass it on. Well, there are so many blogs I could list here... it's hard to narrow it down to 5! So........If you have time go and check out the following blogs. I pop in quite often. I love them because every one of them if full of inspiration... and they're fabulous ladies too...

1. Mardi

2. Janelle

3. Melissa

4. Yvette

5. Cherie

We've got another busy week ahead... and it's Ayden's last week at school! He'll be finding out who his new teacher and classmates will be for 2009, there'll be a class Christmas party and all sorts of fun to finish off the year. It should be good!

Looks like we're in for another storm here this afternoon. They seem to have been non-stop over the past few weeks here in SE Qld. We had a big booming light show here last night right on the kids bedtime... needless to say it took them a while to drop off to sleep!

That's it from me today. Hope everyone has had a lovely weekend!

Sheree xx

7 comments:

  1. It is such a busy but fun time of year. Ohh Sheree Ayden makes the cutest little reindeer. Can't wait to see what you created with those gorgeous stamps too. Have a gret week! Leax

    ReplyDelete
  2. YAH!! only 5 more sleeps to go, 5 more sleeps to go
    I am so excited, bit shitty that I am working all day though. I was hoping to get to hotel early and then go shopping or something, major bummer.... Oh well I am sure the night will well and truly make up for the day....

    Cute layouts by the way and cute little reindeer that you have there....

    Leanne xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Merry Christmas back at ya! Thanks for the lovely comments...and I LOVE those stamps! I can't wait to see what you've done with them.

    I'm in the process of doing my dec daily too and will share the first few pages soon!

    Have a great day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ah that's Tassy! All the same decorations have to go together (crazy mummy like to spread them out - what IS she thinking!). We have about 20 little blue baubles and they are all crammed onto two branches! I decided to leave them like that cos they make me smile. :)

    I LOVE those reindeer - especially the one with his legs together. Gorgeous!!

    THANK YOU so much for the award!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love it when I click on your blog and I hear christmas songs...it makes me smile

    I agree with the others Ayden is such a cute reindeer..

    Love the layouts...as always...I love all your stuff

    Thanks for the award...Shame I have not got anything very Kreativ on my latest post...next time I will add some december daily pages and at least one layout...just for you..

    Can't wait to hear all about create08...5 sleeps for you but 11 for me...bring it on

    Chat soon
    Cherie xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your layouts are gorgeous! Love the one of the grass and colorful flowers!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I tagged you cos I think your work is awesome.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave me a comment. It's so nice to hear from you! :)