Saturday, August 2, 2008

My 100th Blog Post!!!

It may not seem like a lot compared to some blogs... but I can't believe I've done 100 posts!!! When I first started this blog I wasn't quite sure how long it would be before I lost interest and let it go... little did I know how much I would grow to love my little blog and how many wonderful friendships I would make because of it!! I want to thank each and every one of you for stopping by from time to time to have a read...for taking the time to leave me comments (which always brightens my day!). So to celebrate I thought I'd do my very first ever RAK!! I put this little bundle of goodies together tonight....

If you'd like to get your hands on them all you need to do is leave a comment on this post before midnight Saturday 9 August. I'll randomly draw someone's name and announce the winner on my blog sometime on Sunday 10 August. So even if you usually don't leave any comments, PLEASE make sure you do at least just this once to be in the running!!!
Now my other exciting news is that last night I got confirmation that I'll be going here...

WOOHOO!!! Leanne, Mel and I will be off to spend the day with Heidi Swapp... a whole day of classes and inspiration and we can't wait!!!! We're counting down the days already... Who else is going? Hope to see you there!


So I guess I should do a quick update for the rest of the week too...


I had invited Leanne & Mel around for a cuppa on Thursday morning so Wednesday I got busy in the kitchen in preparation. I was pretty proud of myself because I ended up baking some coconut jam biscuits and apple crumble slice (both from scratch!) and some mini cupcakes. (Paul will tell you... I very rarely ever bake... it's just not my thing... and usually if I do it's a quick packet mix... I know it sounds terrible but I'm just not one of those people that enjoy cooking! LOL) Here's a pic...
Then Leanne arrived Thursday morning with this amazing home-baked sponge cake!!!! I have to tell you it tasted even better than it looks... sooo YUM!


Mel arrived soon after and we had a lovely morning full of great conversation, laughter, drinking & too much eating!! I just love these girls... they are such great company!! (You know the crazy thing is we took photos of the food and not ourselves!? How silly was that?! Have to fix that next time...)

It was the most beautiful day here on the Gold Coast today! The sun was shining, it was nice and warm with a slight cool breeze... so we took the kids down to the park at Burleigh Beach. They love it there! They wore themselves out playing on the swings, the slide, running around and playing with the other kids. We had fish & chips for lunch then went for a walk along the beach. It was so nice to get out into the fresh air and enjoy the outdoors for a change! I'm looking forward to the next few months if today was anything to go by!

I haven't done a lot of scrapping this week, but I did throw this one together the other night using scraps that I've had sitting around for a LONG time. (I was feeling all inspired after visiting Janelle's & Helen's blogs. Thanks girls... you know I love your work!) Still not sure if I really like it though! LOL Paul's comment when he saw it was "Oh that's not too bad!" LOL Maybe the pink background wasn't the best choice.... Oh well! It's done now... but I do love the photos!

I didn't realise my 100th post was going to be so long! Sorry about that! PLEASE don't forget to leave a comment and say hi to be in the draw for the RAK!!! Enjoy your week everyone!

Sheree xx

PS. Thankyou so much again Mardi for my happy mail this week!!!! You really are the sweetest!!! xx

14 comments:

  1. Paul has no taste what so ever as that layout is adorable. Maybe he just said that because it is different from what you usually do??? You made my cake look pretty dam fine in that photo petal, might just have to make another one.
    Hey that is pretty funny that we photographed the food and not ourselves..... There are going to be plenty of other opportunities.
    Only 132 days and 50 minutes until we see Heidi - YAHOO
    Ok gotta go, CYA soon
    Leanne xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well I have to leave a comment just in case, that is a good looking RAK.....wink wink!!
    I agree with Lee that is a great LO, definately different to your other stuff. The food was incredible....mmm maybe we would get large getting together too often LOL!! I can't believe we are going to Heidi....talk soon
    Mexxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Sheree
    I'm going to see Heidi as well - I'm so excited. I checked out your blog after that class and loved it so much decided to create one of my own.
    Enjoy the rest of the weekend.
    Kerry

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi! Lucky you, getting to do a class with Heidi! Those cakes look yum, I'm with you in that I never bake either and have to resort to packet cakes if I need to make anything.
    Love the scallops in the layout, and it does look OK. Very MM-style.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh I LOVE this layout! I think the colours and the design are perfect!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sheree - this layout is fabulous....I LOVE all of your layouts. :D

    Yum - can I come for a coffee next time? lol. I don't bake either. I wish I did though. I might have to start...lol.

    Happy 100th post to you my friend. Enjoy your Sunday,

    Belinda
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy 100th post Sheree. I am on the countdown to mine too! I love the colours in your lo. Looks fantastic and so does the yummy food:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy 100th post Sheree.

    I guess this means i am not lurking in the background anymore and have started to comment!

    Philippa

    ReplyDelete
  9. classes with Heidi... I wish!
    Happy 100th Post Sheree...love calling by and checking out your beautiful work!

    ReplyDelete
  10. yeah your 100th blog post, congradulations obviously this is just as addicted as scrapbooking...loved the pics of the food..kinda made me hungry any leftovers.....see u wednesday....
    jo c XXXX

    ReplyDelete
  11. 100 posts is a huge achievment congratulations. I'm so excited about classes with Heidi what a shame we're not going to the same one. Your afternoon t looks scumptious, next time i'm on the gold coast... I'm there (hehe.

    By the way you lo is lovely wouldn't change a thing.

    cheers

    Leeanne x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh YAY - congrats Sheree on the 100 posts!!!!
    I love looking at your photos of the gorgeous food...
    And your layout is simply divine!!!! I LOVE it....
    Hope you are having an awesome week!!!
    Helenxxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks for Wednesday. You get me motivated. I've done 2 more pages. Congrats on 100th blog.
    love Kate

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave me a comment. It's so nice to hear from you! :)