Sunday, August 10, 2008

And The Winner Is...

This morning my very handsome little assistant drew the RAK winner out of our very high tech competition barrel.... ok so it was a little cane basket... and the winner is.....

YAY HELEN!!!!! I just can't wait to see what you create with your bundle of goodies!!! Hope you like them! Just e-mail me with your details and I'll pop them in the post to you asap! Thank you so much to everyone who took the time to leave a comment. I really do appreciate it... and it was lovely to see some new 'faces' too! (Oh and by the way... don't worry... every strip of paper in the basket was the same size no matter how long or short your name is :))

So with that out of the way I guess it's time for an update!
Madi had her 18 mth needle on Monday. I was really dreading it! She had been really good with all her previous needles but since she's so much older now I wasn't sure how she would handle it this time. To my surprise there wasn't even a murmer!!! No flinching, no crying... I was amazed!!!! (And so was the nurse mind you!) What a brave little sweetie she was! She hasn't shown any side effects either so it's been fantastic. As a reward for being so brave we gave her a new Big Sister Dora doll and she just adores it.

I ran another Scrap-a-Sketch class on Wednesday at Sunbird Scrapbooking and here are my two examples:
The first one I did on 'Tubbs' and Ayden. 'Tubbs' is the class cat at school and each child gets a turn at bringing him home for an adventure weekend.
The second one is all about Madi's love for Dora. She's got so much Dora stuff now and she loves it all! I love these super cute pics... (I've used one of Yvette's journalling spots on this and the next layout. Check out her etsy store if you'd like some...I love them!)

Here's another layout that I haven't been able to share until now...

And finally I've got this layout in the latest issue of Scrapbook Creations. The colours look a little different in the magazine....

I had all the girls here on Friday night for some scrapping... although once again we did more chatting, laughing and eating more than scrapping! LOL! But it was a lot of fun. Unfortunately Val & Sandra had to leave a little early but Mel and Leanne stayed on. Of course we had SYTYCD on tv in the background... couldn't miss that! Then the opening ceremony of the Olympics came on...spectacular!!!
We've been watching the Olympics over the weekend and it's been great so far. I've been amazed at how much interest Riley has taken with it all! He's been watching it all last night before bed and then most of today as well. We've told him to look for the competitors in green and gold and he's worked out who the Aussies are now and it's the cutest thing to listen to him barracking for them. "GO MOZZIES!!!" LOL!!!!!! I keep telling him it's "Aussies" but he just can't help but call them mozzies!! It's the funniest thing!! I think he's definitely going to be our little sports nut...
Well I think that's all from me today. Hope you're all having a wonderful weekend! I'm off to watch Madi & Riley on the trampoline. It looks like Madi's hair has already gone wild with static off the tramp mat!! LOL!!! Maybe I'll grab the camera too....
Sheree xx

12 comments:

  1. Hi Sheree!

    This is my first visit to your blog and I am loving your amazing work. I think I'll now have to be a frequent visitor! Lol!

    Have a great day,

    Leanne.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Yay Helen! Lucky you! Sheree, I absolutely LOVE your gorgeous lo in the current SC. Just so beautiful. Congrats on having it published! Have a great week! Leax

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh YAY for me!!! I am so thrilled and that Mr Handsome drew my name - YAY Ayden!! I ADORE that photo too!!! And congrats too Sheree -- I saw that LO in SC and had the biggest smile on my face - it's positively divine!!!! All your layouts is DIVINE!!!
    Just beautiful!!!!
    I hope you're having a wonderful weekend.....
    Helenxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh I love all these multi-photo layouts! They're fantastic! And I love what you did with my journalling spot! Looks like handstitching...

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are one super scrapper aren't you Miss Sheree! I just adore everything you do!

    Yay for Helen - I can't wait to see what she comes up with either. Something spectacular I'm sure.

    I seen your beautiful LO in SC today - congrats...I love it.

    What a little dag you have "Go mozzies" now that's cute!

    Have a fabulous week Sheree.
    Chat soon,

    Belinda
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. No problem Sheree! Visit any time. I'm adding you to my inspiration list!!!

    Have a good one!

    Leanne.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yah Helen congrats to you...
    Oh Sheree I lOVE all your layouts, they are all just beautiful, you are so talented..
    Yah to madi too on being so brave having her needles, Miss Velvet is going this week to have her 12 month ones (yes I am almost 2 months behind!!!)
    Go Mozzies!!...so funny...
    Can't wait to see the static hair photos....LOL
    Have a great week
    Cherie xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is my first visit to your blog and your work really like me. I'll be back very soon !!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I stumbled across your blog tonight.. so glad I did! Your work is gorgeous... very inspirational!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Je découvre ton blog à l'instant et j'aime beaucoup ce que tu fais ! A très vite !

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ditto to what scrapepette said!! (Just kidding - I have no idea what she said!!LOL)
    LOVE your work, Sheree - have been a fan for a while now!!
    Congrats on the 100 posts too!!

    Fran xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hey Sheree! I visited here the other night but somehow couldn't comment ... anyway I love your layouts, love your style! Thanks for visiting my blog BTW. Hope all is well with you. Moi :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave me a comment. It's so nice to hear from you! :)