Sunday, July 13, 2008

Lost tooth, scrapping and tags...

(Warning... extremely long post ahead!! You'll be needing a cuppa for this one!!)

Just look at this toothless grin!! Ayden's tooth fell out at the dinner table tonight (yes it was a little bit gross...) but he is sooo proud of himself and is so excited that the Tooth Fairy will be coming tonight! lol Boy am I glad that I had the sudden urge to make him a little Tooth Fairy pouch last night... must have known something! It's just a simple little design made from felt but I thought it'd be nice for him to have something to put under his pillow... Ayden requested blue, green & red as the colours and it was so quick to make... here's a couple of pics showing the front and back views...

I attempted a clean-up of my scraproom today although I didn't get far since Madi woke up early. (Madi and scraprooms just don't mix!) Anyway I unpacked a bag of goodies I got just before I went away (haven't had the chance until today). Sandra took Leanne and I up to Printblocks and it happened to be the day they were unpacking all the yummy new chatterbox stuff. We were like kids in a candy store! Their new lines are so gorgeous... I want it all!!! Here's a few things we brought home.... can't really decide which bits are my favourites...can't wait to have a play with these...
While I was away I was blown away to find that the amazing Melissa Goodsell nominated my blog for the Arte Y Pico Award! Wow thank you so very much Melissa!!! (And if you've never visited Melissa's blog make sure you do! She amazes me with her creativity and her blog is LOADED with inspiration... and not just for scrapbooking but for a whole range of crafts!)
The Arte Y Pico is awarded to blogs that you consider deserving due to their creativity, design, interesting material and for their contributions to the blogging community. If you receive the Arte Y Pico you in turn bestow it on five blogs.

So now I'd really like to bestow the award on to these fabulous ladies... (I visit their blogs all the time. They inspire me and they're all such beautiful people too!)

http://belindasescape.blogspot.com/ I just love Belinda's style! Her work always looks fabulous and she's always got heaps of inspiration on her blog. She really is the queen of simple scrapping!!

http://mardiwinen.blogspot.com/ What can I say? This girl is just incredible! I'm sure you've already visited her blog at some stage... and if you haven't... why not?

http://helenkaranfilovski.blogspot.com/ You've just got to see Helen's work... and if you have I'm sure you're already a fan! I love her funky, fresh vintage style!

http://thejanellewindcollection.typepad.com/the_janelle_wind_collecti/ Her stitching is absolutely stunning. You really should visit her blog to see just what I'm talking about!! Love her scrapping too!

http://www.yvetteadams.blogspot.com/ Yvette's layouts are always so beautiful. I just love the way she puts her pages together.

Arte Y Pico Rules:
1. You have to pick 5 blogs that you consider deserve this award for their creativity, design, interesting material, and also for contributing to the blogging community, no matter what language.
2. Each awardee has to have the name of the author and also a link to his or her blog to be visited by everyone.
3. Each award winner has to show the award and put the name and link to the blog that has given her or him the award itself.
4. Award-winner and the one who has given the prize have to show the link of “Arte y Pico” blog, so everyone will know the origin of this award: http://arteypico.blogspot.com/
5. Display these rules.

Also both Cherie and Lea tagged me with this: Thank you so much girls!!

Who gets the “Brilliante Weblog Award“? Websites and blogs of your choice for their designs that are especially noteworthy.

Here are the Award Rules:

1. The winner can take the logo

2. Place a link to the person that send you the award

3. Give the Award to at least 7 other Scrapbooking-Blogs, which by its currency,the issues of choice and for their designs are especially noteworthy

4. Put a link to these sites on your Blog.

5. Write a comment on their Blogs that they’ve won an Award


So of course I'd give this to the 5 blogs I've already listed for the previous award... plus I'd also love to pass it on to:

http://welaughwelove.blogspot.com/ Leanne's scrapping is gorgeous! You'll find lots of inspiration on her blog!

http://www.melissagoodsell.typepad.com/ Seriously if anyone deserves this award it's Melissa! I'll be extremely surprised if noone's passed this on to her already... Her blog is jam-packed with so much inspiration for so many different crafts from scrapbooking, to recipes, to kids craft... and she has heaps of links to loads more!! She's always coming up with new ideas.


And finally I got this tag from Yvette...

1. Ten years ago... Paul & I weren't married yet but were living on Hamilton Island and loving it! I was working at the Medical Centre as a receptionist and Paul flew helipcopters for one of the companies there.

2. 5 things on my to-do list:
  • Catch up on scrapping commitments
  • E-mail some friends I haven't 'chatted' with in a while
  • Get some more photos printed
  • Make sure everything's organised for school on Tuesday
  • Clean up my scraproom!

3. Snacks I enjoy.... well that's easy.... chocolate is at the top of the list! I also love cake, chips... I could go on and it's all unhealthy of course! On the healthier side I do love a yummy fruit salad now and again and I love bananas!

4. If I were a millionaire... The first thing I'd do is buy us a house and new cars... and I'd make sure both of our families had no mortgages to worry about as well. Wouldn't that be fantastic? A big holiday would have to be on the list too...

5. Places I've lived...

  • Amberley (Qld)
  • Sale (Vic)
  • Victoria River Downs (NT)
  • Hamilton Island (Qld)
  • Springfield (Qld)
  • Sydney
  • Gold Coast

I tag anyone who'd like to carry it on. This one doesn't take long!

I've only got one layout to share with you at the moment. It's one I did a little while ago for a sketch class. Love these pics of Madi... she pulls the funniest faces sometimes!

That's it!! I'm exhausted... how about you?!!! This post has taken me forever to do but now I'm finally caught up on all my tags! YAY!

Hope everyone has a fabulous week... and don't forget the US version of So You Think You Can Dance starts this week...Wednesday night I think?!!! I'll be glued to my TV for sure!! I just can't get enough of that show....

Sheree xx

6 comments:

  1. Yes a big post, but I loved it. Even without a cuppa. :)

    The tooth fairy pouch is so cute. I wonder when we'll be needing one in our house! Tassy is now 6 but no loose teeth yet!

    I want a closer look at that Chatterbox stuff!!! :D

    I can't wait for SYTYCD! I saw the top ten on tour last week! They were fantastic!! And they did my favourite dance - the African one with vanessa and henry.

    Thank you for my award!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Look at Ayden's toothless grin - what a cutie!

    What an adorable tooth fairy pouch - I love it! You are so neat at hand stitching - it's all so perfect! I would have to be the worst blanket stitcher on this planet...lol.

    Chatterbox sound like they are making a come back! They were all the rage a few years ago - and then all of a sudden I heard or seen nothing about them. Love the look of your goodies - can't wait to see more!

    Thankyou so much for your beautiful words Sheree - ditto to you! You are such a sweet and kind person...xx

    Thanks for the award...I will pop it on my blog when I update next. :D

    Enjoy your week.

    Belinda
    xx

    PS: Love you LO of Madi too (phew -long comment...lol)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I never tire of reading your posts & looking at your LO's. Isn't the chatterbox stuff divine!! I had to hold myself back cause I have far too much stuff that i have to use. Look forward to seeing your LO's. Love the tooth fairy bag,you are so clever. Glad you are staying at the scrapyard oops Sunbird!!! It wouldn't be the same without all your gals!! Hope to catch up soon. Mxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well...Ive been wondering how your trip away went... sounds like it was good...even though Pauls Mum still wasnt well.. and your photos brought back some memories...we have photos at the Bega cheese factory....and Thredbo too.. i think it was at Bega...there eas this long multi uddered cow?

    Love love the look of that Chatterbox stuff too...gee..it looks yummier than ever.

    Ohh...and thanks for the award ... you are such a sweetie... and Im so not surprised Mel awarded you...you are such a crafty...adaptable...and multi -talented girl ... with the most beautful workmanship..
    Mardi x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I wanted to drop by your blog and thank you for visiting mine when you do - especially being a queensland girl like myself.
    You must have had a great time at Print Blcoks - can't wait to see more Chatterbox - looks cool.
    Your pouch looks terrific - might have to think about making one for my son some time soon. Thanks again,
    Leanne

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi, dropped bye thought i better say hi. After a scrap class i always feel motivated and come home and do another page. I have done 2 tonight.
    Thanks for today
    love Kate

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave me a comment. It's so nice to hear from you! :)