Tuesday, June 10, 2008

New Layout and Long Weekend Update...

Thanks to my very talented friend Helen, I've just finished this fun layout tonight....

She has a step-by-step layout up on the Anna's Craft Cupboard blog if you'd like to give it a go! I just love Helen's style so it was really fun to do this page... and I gave the 8 1/2 x 11 inch size a go too... I think I'll be doing a lot more in this size now! Love it! (And yes... this is my hubby... boy does this photo make me laugh!!!! LOL!!!)

Speaking of Paul he's feeling a little sore and sorry for himself tonight. He had to get a wisdom tooth pulled today. YOWWWEEEE!! Poor thing... he's been popping his pills for the pain (actually tried to liken it to childbirth though! What the?). I had to laugh when I picked him up from the dentist and half his face wouldn't move (I know I sound mean but it did look funny!). At least he didn't dribble though like the last time he had a tooth pulled!! Ewww - that WAS really gross (and embarrassing)!

Anyway, I thought I'd do a quick long weekend update.... Mum & Dad came to stay on Saturday night, then Paul arrived home on Sunday night(YIPPEE!!) He has been away again with work for 2 weeks and it's so nice to have him home. The kids went crazy when he walked in the door! They were so excited to see him.

On Monday, Dad drove Mum & I up to Brisbane for the Scrapbook & Papercraft Convention. (Thanks Dad!) I'm glad we got there first thing because by the time we left it was getting so busy! We picked up lots of new scrapping goodies.... and we also ran into Leanne & Val. (Sorry we couldn't sit down for a cuppa girls! We felt too guilty with Dad waiting outside for us!)

On the way home we dropped into IKEA for a look since it was on the way. Mum & I had never been before... we couldn't believe how HUGE the place was! And it was packed with sooooo many people... I think half of Brisbane was there! I'll have to remind myself not to go there again on a rainy public holiday...

One more thing that happened over the weekend... I finally got in contact with an old high school friend that I haven't spoken with or seen for at least 16 or 17 years. (I can't believe it was that long ago...) I'm so excited to have found you again Jenny!! We've got sooo much catching up to do...

Well, that's about it from me tonight... Hope everyone has a great week!

Sheree xx

3 comments:

  1. Sheree - good on you for trying the 8.5x11 inch size!! And I am so thrilled you enjoyed scrapping this size:))
    I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE your LO!!!
    Thanks for taking the step by step:)))

    And poor DH - LOL about comparing it to childbirth!! Hehe..

    And how lovely to read about being reunited with Jenny - enjoy catching up with her:)))

    Have a lovely day - Helenxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the layout Sheree - so fun and happy.
    Ouch about the wisdom tooth too -- I hope he's all better soon!
    Melx

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE the layout...you do 8.5 x11 very well...

    Poor Paul and the tooth...nothing worse...

    IKEA!!!! I love IKEA but it is 3 hours away from me....but maybe thats a good thing as I could see myself visiting here quite often if I lived any closer...

    Hope you all have a great weekend,

    Chat soon
    Cherie xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave me a comment. It's so nice to hear from you! :)