Friday, June 6, 2008

Happy Friday!

It's the most beautiful sunny day today - such a lovely way to end the week! After all the rain we've had this week it's lovely to see the sun again... and to get washing dry on the clothesline!! We were so fortunate that the rain fell in the just the right places and actually reached the dams this time...

I've scrapped a couple of layouts this week that I thought I'd share...
This one with Ayden & his Mickey using some Cosmo Cricket, Fancy Pants & Sassafras Lass papers. These photos were taken while we were feeding the ducks a while ago. (Mickey still goes almost everywhere with Ayden...)
And this one about Madi and her infectious giggles! (I've used some of the Creative Imaginations Cutie Pie Girl papers - so cute!)

I took the kids up to Mum & Dad's place last weekend. We left straight from school Friday afternoon and came home Sunday afternoon. The kids had a ball and it was great to catch up. Mum and I did plan on getting a little scrapping done although it never happened... but we did check out the new scrapbook store that's just opened up around the corner from her place. They had some nice things there - can't remember the name of the store though... Sunday morning we headed over to another store not too far away - The Shabby Scrap Shak. I love this place and I always walk away with a bag full of new goodies. So even though I didn't get any scrapping done I did manage to grab some yummy new things to play with!

I've been having lots of fun snapping away with my awesome new camera!! I've still got sooooo much to learn about it but it's fun trying to work it all out. The kids are sick of the sight of me chasing them around with camera in hand! LOL! Madi has become very good at ignoring me completely.... Anyway I just had to share a couple of fave's of the kids at Mum & Dad's last weekend...



If only Madi had flashed me a grin! Oh well - it's still a cute pic of her... She's really taken to playing with her dolls this week... wrapping them in blankets and carrying them around. I was watching her the other night. She was unwrapping her doll (for the hundredth time that day) when she actually tickled both of the dolls feet (making a funny noise at the same time), then she proceeded wrapping her baby up again. It was the funniest thing to see!!! I wish Paul had seen it... It really made me giggle...
Riley is still obsessed with Thomas (as you can see by the pic above) and spends most of his days playing with his trains. He just can't get enough of it!
Ayden has taken a liking to making things out of Lego over the past few days. He's never really been that interested before now... but I think he's now at that age when he realises he can actually make some cool things with it! He's also still drawing like crazy and not a day goes by without him getting out his paper and textas. I really love to watch him create and he's quite good at it too!
I've just realised how long this post has become!! If you're still here reading it thank you for hanging in there... and for dropping by! Hope you have an awesome weekend!
Sheree xx

5 comments:

  1. Hi there

    Lovely to read your latest news and see all your wonderful photos.

    As always your layouts look fabulous. I always get new ideas when I see more of your terrific creations, thanks for sharing.

    Lucky you getting some sunshine today. Sydney has been soaked with rain everyday for the last week. I am desperate to get some washing dried but not having much luck. Our clothes dryer decided that winter was a good time to break down and I am not impressed.

    Anyway I will enjoy the long week end and have lots of time for more scrapbooking. Much more important than doing washing........lol

    Take care and keep safe. From Susan (smiles1965) at Scrapboxx.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi babe,

    We really do have gorgeous kids don't we.... ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great Photos Sheree...It is so nice to have a camera that you are hapy with.

    Great layouts...love " miss giggles" what a beautiful cheeky little face Madi has... so cute.

    My DS Jasper also had a obsession with Thomas....he would spend hours and hours just setting up tracks and driving the trains on them....simple pleasures are lifes treasures.

    Hope you are having a nice long weekend.

    Chat soon
    Cherie xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely photos Sheree:))
    I LOVE your layouts - so cute... Ayden and his Mickey - just so adorable. Max is like that with his Sulley - he's nearly 8, and still loves him to pieces.. and 'Little Miss Giggles' - so cute indeed:)))))
    I hope you have had a lovely long weekend:))
    Take care - Helenxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Sheree. I love hearing bout your family and that photo of Madi is perfect! What cute little rosebud lips!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave me a comment. It's so nice to hear from you! :)