Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Some scrapping and our weekend with Tubbs...

So how is everyone? Great I hope! All is well here at our place... the kids are sound asleep, Paul's glued to the tv watching State of Origin (Qld really not doing so well though) and I've just finished my two huge baskets of ironing (phew!)... the rest of the night is mine! LOL!

Thought I'd share this layout I did the other night...

I don't think you'll be able to read the journalling but each little strip lists little things like lot of smiles, enjoying tummy time, no more splint.... things about Madi at 2 months old.

I had another Scrap-a-Sketch class today. Here's one of my examples... (silly me forgot to scan my other layout so I'll have to share that one another day...)

(This is Paul attacking the kids' totem tennis in the backyard with the plastic baseball bat... the boys loved it of course and I must admit it made me giggle to watch him. He's such a big kid sometimes! )

I've been looking around for a while now for a brand new camera. I've really been wanting a digital SLR... never had one before... and now I'VE GOT ONE!!! Woohoo!!! It's a Nikon D60 and I've been having so much fun playing with it! The kids are sick of me chasing them around the house trying to take their photo... It came with a 8GB memory card so I can literally take thousands of photos without having to download... perfect for when we go away on holidays! So now I've got lots of learning to do, but I'll be enjoying every minute! (Thanks Paul... I feel very spoiled!)

This weekend just gone turned out to be a busy one for us. Ayden came home from school on Friday afternoon with the class 'pet'... a stuffed cat called Tubbs. Every weekend one of the kids gets to take him home and then they have to complete a page in the book about their adventures over the weekend. Ayden was soooo excited to finally have his turn. He made Tubbs a special bed to sleep in ... very cute... we took a couple of photos... then Saturday we had our big day out with Tubbs.
We started off with a walk to the lake around the corner. Tubbs rode with Ayden on his bike and when we got there we fed the ducks. Then we headed on down to Careflight (where Paul works) because we just had to show Tubbs the helicopters and get some pics of him there! Lunch was next on the agenda, so we decided on fish and chips at Burleigh beach. It was a little chilly in the breeze, but it was so nice in the sunshine. The kids had a ball playing in the park and climbing some trees, then it was time for home again. All in all I think Tubbs had a pretty good time! LOL! I know Ayden thoroughly enjoyed it... and it ended up being a lovely day out for all of us.

Well, that's it from me for the moment. I just got my Scrapbook Creations mag in the post today so I'm heading to the couch for a little browse before bedtime. Enjoy the rest of your week!

Sheree xx

6 comments:

  1. Beautiful Layout of madi...I love that cute photo of her....that cheeky face just so CUTE!!!

    2 of my children have had home their class "pets" in the last few weeks....they were so excited out it....it looks like Tubbs had a great time with Ayden and your family.

    Woo Hoo a new camera!!! Can't wait to see some photos.

    take care and chat soon
    Cherie xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a gorgeous photo of Madi on your layout she is so precious!

    Love the layout of your hubby too -great design!

    How cute is Tubbs...both him and Ayden look like they had a great day out.

    Enjoy your new camera...it will be stuck in your hand 24-7 I'm sure! lol

    Belinda
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh that first layout brought a smile straight to my face. :) that is just the cutest most REAL smile. :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Grin. It must feel nice to have done the ironing and not having it there in the back of your mind any longer.
    Yay for you getting a new camera. How cool. Enjoy playing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous work Sheree - just too cute:)
    And WOWEE, a new Nikon, welcome aboard. Maybe you'll be able to tell me how to use mine - off auto mode - LOL!!!!
    Have a great weekend - Helenxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great stuff.
    I just found your blog and love it.
    Look forward to reading more.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave me a comment. It's so nice to hear from you! :)