Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Mother's Day, Madi's Handbag & Some Layouts...

Time for another blog post! I hope everyone had a lovely Mother's Day weekend! Paul got home on Friday after being away for another week at Horn Island... I was so happy to have him home again (and so were the kids!) but he had to work on Mother's Day which was a bit of a shame... but I still had a great day! I woke up to a snuggly cuddle and gorgeous smile from my messy haired girl, followed by more cuddles from the boys. Paul made pancakes... so yummy... and I was spoiled with some lovely pressies too! Some new storage drawers on wheels for my scrapping, a beautiful ring, some gorgeous body lotion and soap (which smells almost good enough to eat).... and Ayden very proudly gave me two little gifts he had bought at the Mother's Day stall at school... a marigold plant and a silver bracelet! It's amazing what $5 buys you these days! LOL! After Paul headed off to work I packed the kids up and drove up to Mum & Dad's place for the day. Both my brothers came over too, we had a BBQ and it was lovely all being together for the day - just a shame Paul couldn't make it! We did take some photos but they're on Dad's camera... still have to get them from him...

Madi's taken a liking to her little handbags lately and I just couldn't resist snapping a few pics the other day. She's really hard to photograph at the moment because as soon as she sees me with the camera she runs straight at me wanting to see the screen on the back of it! Here's a couple I managed to sneak in...

She knows now when we're going out and points to my bag on the bench to make sure I don't forget it and then she'll appear out of nowhere with hers on her arm ready for the outing too. It really is the cutest thing!

Before I go here are a couple of layouts I've done recently...

This is Paul's Grandma (one of Madi's Great Grandparents) meeting Madi for the very first time last year. Can you believe she's 91 years old?

(Sorry...this layout has been removed
for publication. Look out for it in an upcoming issue of
Scrapbooking Memories!)



I love these photos of Madi... but she really can't resist eating the sand every time we go to the beach! EWWWW!!! I hope she grows out of that habit before next summer....

So that's it from me tonight. I'm off to scrap!

Sheree xx

9 comments:

  1. Oohhh I love those pics of Madi and her bag. It's a bit flash isn't it! :D
    Makenzie does the same with wanting to view the pics each time the camera comes out. I say to him 'Say cheese' and he gives me a 1/2 a second grin then runs to me pointing! lol
    Love your layouts too. Yes - I'm sure Madi will grow out of the sand eating...let hope so anyway!
    Hope your scrapping up a storm. I have just finshed a layout and about to upload it and some others...:D
    Belinda
    xx

    (oops - sorry for such a long comment...lol)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's great to hear you had a lovely Mother's Day Sheree:)
    Oh, and Oscar does the same thing too with the camera!! I thought it was just him!!
    And I see your beautiful work - the Sass Lass papers are divine!!
    Have a lovely day - Helenxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like you got vey spoilt on Mother day....its so lovely to get gifts from your children that they have picked out all by their selfs (sp??)
    We had the Mothers Day fete at our school so I got lots of lovely things from my children too (will update my blog with that when I get time)

    Love the pics of madi and her bag....too cute

    love the layouts..the one of madi eating sand is just gorgeous...great colour combo

    Cherie xx
    (sorry mine is a long comment too....LOL)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh I love the colours in these two layouts! The layouts are beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm glad you had a lovely Mother's Day. The bag photos are so sweet and I love the layouts too. Such lovely colours and scrapped beautifully.

    ReplyDelete
  6. How cute is Madi...I remember Briony loving handbags too...in fact...she still does...she is the Imelda of bags.
    Always love to see you sharing LO's...an seeing the cute things your kids do...
    Mardi x

    ReplyDelete
  7. what a great day you had. Beautiful pictures & LO's. Madi is very cute, love the handbag. Glad you got spoilt, you deserve it.
    My youngest has been my most feral, she loves eating sand & whatever she can get her hands in!!I think they grow out of it.....here's hoping!!!! Have a great week....Melxx
    PS loooove the LO's.

    ReplyDelete
  8. oh sheree beautiful beautiful layouts. i have those sassy papers too, hope i can create something as beautiful. i always buy gorgeous papers and end up framing them coz i dont know what else to do with them!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great stuff.
    I just found your blog and love it.
    Look forward to reading more.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave me a comment. It's so nice to hear from you! :)