Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Mother's Day Afternoon Tea...

I've just spent a lovely afternoon at school with Ayden is his classroom...

All the Mum's were invited to attend a special Mother's Day Afternoon Tea today and we were treated to some beautiful Mother's Day songs (Ayden had been practicing the songs at home over the past week or two... very cute!), then we all headed over to the tables to draw a picture together... We were then served some special Mother's Day chocolate biscuits that the kids had made at school along with a nice hot cuppa. I must say the bikkies were yummo!

All the kids had also written a description of their Mum's which were hung around the room (without their names attached) and we had to try and guess which one was us. After a bit of searching I finally found mine....apparently I have brown hair (?), green eyes, wear pj's with love hearts & diamonds (?), give him Weetbix out of the box for breakfast, make him transformers and pictures, I am beautiful and he loves me very much! LOL! So sweet and funny! The brown hair threw me when I first started reading it, and the pj's since I don't own any with love hearts and diamonds on them.... but the Weetbix and transformers gave it away!

We then all sat down together and were presented with a beautiful card that each child had made for their Mums. Here's mine... I LOVE it!

Before we knew the bell was ringing and it was time for home. A big thank you to Ms Taylor and the rest of the staff who organised this lovely day... it was so much fun!

I took the kids up to stay with Mum & Dad over the long weekend. It was great just to kick back and relax and the boys got to catch up with their cousins too. Madi has really become a Grandpa's girl! Until recently she just wasn't sure about Grandpa and usually liked to keep her distance but now she runs up to him for cuddles all the time! She certainly kept him busy this last weekend with toys and books and things... and he loved it of course!

We've all starting to come down with colds at the moment. I guess it is that time of year after all, but it still makes life a little more frustrating. I'm hoping they don't hang around for long...

That's about it from me, but before I go here are a couple of layouts that are in the latest issue of Scrapbooking Memories...
I got my copy in the letter box today, so I know what I'll be doing tonight...curling up on the couch in my pj's with a hot cuppa in one hand and my magazine in the other!
Sheree xx

10 comments:

  1. What a fun day Sheree...how special for the two of you.
    Brown hair...mmmm...how cute!
    Love the card too...very special.
    Love your SM layouts...so adorable.
    Enjoy your evening.
    Belinda
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a fun time at Aydens school. The card he made looks adorable and he sure does show how much he loves you.

    Congrats about getting more of your wonderful work published in
    SM. So well deserved. I always love your layouts Sheree.

    I hope your colds vanish soon. We too have had those germs here and I am not enjoying it at all. Last week end I had a double ear infection which was dreadful.

    Take care and keep warm. Love from Susan (smiles1965) at Scrapboxx.

    PS: On my next blog update (happeniong tomorrow) I will be giving away some freebies. Stay tuned if you want to be a winner.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww how gorgeous is the MD morning tea. I wish Tassy's class would do that! I adore your card - just gorgeous!
    I got my SM today but haven't got past the first page, lol. I look forward to studying your gorgeous layouts!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a wonderful little boy. Obviously gets his crafty talents from his mum with the brown hair. Is that little miss M I see on you lap !! She is adorable isn't she, what a little cutie.

    Hope you have a warm and wonderful night Ree ;) :o :b :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh sheree what a cutie ayden is. and gorgeous lo's especially LOVE the second one, great tree and lots of pics which i love.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a special day Sheree - that's awesome..
    I hope you all feel better soon - we are at the end of it.. thank goodness... this was such a lovely and warm post...

    Have a lovely weekend...

    Helenxxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds like you have a very special time at school with Ayden, love the photo of him and bikkie....too cute

    Congrats on the published layouts they are fantastic.

    Chat soon
    Cherie xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. That's a really gorgeous photo of you all together Sheree. I love the card, super sweet.
    Your layouts are awesome (as they always are!)
    Melx

    ReplyDelete
  9. sheree what fun!! Gorgeous!!! How is maddies pigtails so CUTE. Love the card & love the LO's. Have a SUPER mothers day. Melxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. *~*~HapPy MoThErs DaY~*~*
    love
    Tammy

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave me a comment. It's so nice to hear from you! :)