Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Seven Years Ago...

Seven years ago I married the most wonderful man I could ever have hoped for! It was our wedding anniversary yesterday and although we've now been married for 7 years, today marks 18 YEARS since we first became a couple! Eighteen years sounds so unbelievable! We met in Year 12 and have been together ever since and right from the start it just felt right. I knew that someday we would get married and have a family... and look where we are now! It's been such an awesome journey so far and we've done so many wonderful things together.... I can't wait to see what's to come!

I thought I'd share a wedding photo to mark the occasion. This is one of our photos that I actually like! When I look back at our wedding photos now I realise just how bad our photographer was... We need to go through and scan all the negatives and do our own cropping and altering when we get some time to spare. (At least he gave us the negatives!)


I won't bore you too much with photos, but here's my favourite pic from our honeymoon.

We went to the USA and toured around and saw soooo much and had an absolute blast! This photo was taken at Yosemite National Park and we were so lucky to be there just after it had snowed... well it actually snowed while we were there as well... and it looked so beautiful! It really was some of the most spectacular scenery we have ever seen! (You'll have to excuse my really unflattering jacket - it was a $10 buy while we were in Fresno as we weren't expecting snow on our holiday!) Ok... so enough of that... I could go on forever about it!! LOL! We've got about a million photos from the trip and not one of them has been scrapped... I really should do something about that...

To celebrate we went out to dinner last night... with the kids! We don't have a babysitter nearby so we took them along and they were so well behaved! The place we went to was so kid-friendly which really helped. They had a clown there who wanders around entertaining the kids with funny jokes and balloon animals and things... he also had a real little bunny for the kids to pat -it was so adorable! I wished we'd taken the camera with us..silly huh!

So anyway, that's it from me today! I'm off to dig my winter pj's out of the drawer... it's so chilly today!!! Hope everyone's having a lovely week!

Sheree xx

6 comments:

  1. Aww what a sweet post. Happy anniversary!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy anniversary Sheree. You both look so sweet in your wedding photo.
    Sounds like a fabulous honeymoon and a lovely celebration dinner.
    Belinda
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Anniversary to you both. What a fantastic honeymoon you had. Great photos too.

    Have a great week,
    Cherie xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. congrats Sheree, you guys look very happy, Hope you have a great one!! What was the name of the place you went for dinner? there is not many on the coast where you can do that??!! Love the photos beautiful!!! Melxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats on the anniversary Sheree - it's such a beautiful photo of your wedding day:0) And it's nice to hear you had a lovely time out...
    Have a lovely weekend.
    Helenxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your wedding photo - and wow you two have been together since highschool - that is so romantic and sweet! Our anniversary is just before yours on the 2nd of April but we married a year earlier. Love to see more of your honeymoon - we are saving to go to the us atm. Court

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave me a comment. It's so nice to hear from you! :)