Wednesday, March 12, 2008

This week...

I've got a couple more layouts to share this week. This one is appearing in the latest issue of Scrapbooking Memories. I just love this photo of Riley! It really captures his cheeky, fun-loving side.
Another one of Riley from today's class at The Scrapyard...


(I just realised that they're both the same brown/blue/green colour scheme! Sorry about that! I don't have anything else to share at the moment...)

We had Mum & Dad visit on Sunday. We hadn't seen them for a few weeks so it was great to catch up. Mum thought that Madi's hair looked a lot fairer than the last time she saw her... and that Riley has really shot up. (It's funny how you don't notice these things when you're with them all the time.) Both Mum & Dad also commented on how much better Ayden's speech has become too since he started school. (They find him so much easier to understand on the phone now.) They stayed most of the day and the kids just loved having them here.

Madi's two front teeth have FINALLY pushed their way through her gums! She's now got about 4 other top teeth trying to come down too... poor little thing. I can't wait until this teething business is all over - I'm sure she'll be a lot happier too!

Oh yeah...another thing I wanted record.... Whenever we give Ayden a banana as part of his lunch for school, it goes into a basket in the classroom as a mid-morning snack so we write his name on the side of it. A while ago we started drawing simple pictures next to his name - like a star or a smiley face which he liked to see everyday.... but lately Paul has been going all out with his pictures and they're really quite good!! Ayden loves them, and he has the coolest bananas in the class! So I thought I'd share some of Paul's 'Banana Art'! Here are a couple of his masterpieces...


Other than that not much else has been happening really... just the usual school runs and work.

I'm looking forward to the weekend though! Mum and I are heading up to the Papercraft Festival in Brisbane.... hopefully it will be worth the trip!

That's it from me tonight... I can hear the kettle boiling and the chocolate calling me from the fridge.....

Take care!

Sheree xx

5 comments:

  1. Cool bananas Sheree!! Paul is very clever isn't he? And I bet the other kids love to see what is on Ayden's bananas each day too. Very cool.

    Love the layouts, and don't apologise at all for the similar colour schemes...they are both really beautiful.

    Have a good Thursday and I hope that chockie was good last night!

    Megan xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stunning layouts as usual.
    SM is out here tomorrow...so I will see it in print then. :D
    How cool are those banana's? Is Paul now known as 'Banana Man'? I bet the other kids want a banana just like Ayden. I wonder how many other parents will start doing it too...lol.
    Have a fabulous day Sheree.
    Talk soon,
    Belinda
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow how clever is your hubby....maybe he should try his hand a scrapbooking!!!

    Love the layouts and the photo of Riley is so cute.

    Glad Madi's teeth have finally come through, only how many more to come!!!!!

    Have a great week, I will reply to your email later too, soory for being so slow.

    Cherie xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, nice work Paul! If I gave Dave the astroboy banana he wouldn't eat it! He would try to find a way to preserve it somehow, lol

    ReplyDelete
  5. Now thats one way to get the kids to eat fruit! great job Paul! Oh and the award-what a clever boy! Did you ever think you'd feel so proud?

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave me a comment. It's so nice to hear from you! :)