Wednesday, February 27, 2008

A couple of layouts...

Thought I'd share these... they are 2 examples of the sketch I used for my class at The Scrapyard today, which is why they look kind of similar in basic design.

I've handstitched the curve on this one and added french knots in each of the stitching holes all the way around for something a little different.


I don't know if you can see it, but I did the silly thing of starting to handsew beads onto the felt bird's tail & wing.... regretted it once I had started as it was so fiddly... but it turned out ok. I also dragged out some old ant brads that I've had sitting around forever. (I've been trying to use up some of my old stuff when I can lately.)

Still no progress on Madi's teeth... you can see her top 4... they are soooo close to breaking through her gums it's not funny! I really wish they would hurry up as Madi's one fiesty little girl at the moment - screaming at the drop of a hat, not eating properly, very clingy....poor thing! We'll ALL be happy when they finally make their appearance.

That's it from me at the moment... time to organise dinner and baths! Have a great evening!

Sheree xx

9 comments:

  1. How cute does that lttle bird with his beaded tail look???!!! Worth the effort Sheree! Hope Maddi's teeth appear for you all soon.
    -Tara (the boxx)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Two beautiful layouts Sheree. I love the design of both! I LOVE the tree and the bird - and look at those adorable ants!
    Poor Miss Madi. I hope those teeth come through soon.
    Belinda
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful layouts Sheree...
    Poor Madi, I hope those teeth pop out real soon.

    Talk soon

    Cherie xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh I especially love He Adores Her. Love those colours and I'm a real sucker for deco edged papers and paper frills. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous Sheree....absolutley gorgeous.
    I have to say I love the tree layout....with the little ants...you have made an old product funky again.
    Hope those teeth sprout soon...
    Mardi x

    ReplyDelete
  6. What lovely LOs!
    Love them both, but especially the 'adores' one!
    Hope your DD is OK.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great to see more of your wonderful creations Sheree. I love all your layouts. Those ant brads and the blue bird look adorable, very nicely done. Your so clever.

    Sorry that Madi isn't feeling too happy at the moment. Teething sucks big time for some kids doesn't it. I went through hell with my daughter at that age too. Thank goodness for Panadol. Amanda used to like chewing and sucking on a cold wet face washer too.

    So cute about Ayden writing a love note to that little girl :)

    Have a fun and safe week end xxoo

    Love from Susan (smiles1965) at Scrapboxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. absolutely gorgeous lo's. the work is definately worth it. love the design so much. i am not good with circles at all!

    ReplyDelete
  9. WOW these are fab but the tree one is SO awesome!!!

    You do such beautiful scrapping.
    Melx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave me a comment. It's so nice to hear from you! :)