Thursday, January 31, 2008

My Baby Girl Is ONE!

Today Madi has turned 1 year old!!! Wow I can't believe how her first year has flown by... I just went back to look at some photos of her from a year ago after we brought her home from hospital... Here she is at about a week old...

And look at her now!! What a difference a year makes... she's grown up so much!! She's so gorgeous!!

We kept it fairly low key today... she got her prezzies this morning (a ride on car, talking telephone, doll, some clothes) and we had a little chocolate cake this afternoon (which she absolutely loved and ended up covered in!). We've having a BBQ on Sunday with family to celebrate her birthday then, so we're keeping all the decorations and things for that.


The other BIG event this week was Ayden's first day ever at school! He's in prep this year and to our surprise (and relief) there were no tears in sight! He was so excited to get there and once we found his class room he jumped straight in! We took some photos, said our goodbyes and that was that! He came out on the first day saying "it was awesome" and couldn't wait to go back. He's really enjoying it and has already made new friends.



So it's been quite a week!! Riley is coping really well too with Ayden being at school. I think he does enjoy a little time by himself and it'll be great for him to have some one-on-one time with Paul too. (I gotta say he LOVES it when Ayden gets home from school though!)

So that's it from me for now! The Amazing Race is on shortly so I'm off to get the boys into bed!I'll be baking fairy cakes and fairy cookie wands over the next couple of days ready for Sunday... wish me luck!! (Cooking really isn't my thing! LOL!)

Have a great evening!

Sheree xx

3 comments:

  1. "Happy Birthday Madi" I can't believe that photo of her at a week old, she looks so much older!!! She still has the same cute little cheeky face. The first year goes way to fast, its sad really....

    Glad to here Aydens first day was more exciting than Jaspers....LOL

    Good luck with the cooking, it really is not my thing either!!!

    Have a great weekend,
    Cherie xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. A big Happy Birthday Miss Madi.
    I hope that you have a fabulous day Madi.
    One already - time goes so quickly!

    So great to hear that Ayden had a great first day at school.

    Have a great day on Sunday...have fun baking! :)

    Bugger...I missed the amazing race.I was watching top model...grrr. lol

    Have a fab weekend Sheree.

    Belinda
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. hi Sheree! Thanks for your lovely comment on my blog. We have a school girl now too. So exciting! Gorgeous picture of your little boy (and big boy)starting school.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave me a comment. It's so nice to hear from you! :)