Sunday, January 13, 2008

The last few days...

We've actually got some sunshine today!! I've got the washing on the line, the boys are playing outside and everyone is happy.

First of all - a quick share... I got a new softies book for Christmas so I've been trying my hand at making a couple. This one wasn't in my new book but I saw one very similar online here and drew up my own pattern. It's for Madi of course! (I think next time I'll do the legs a bit wider though...lol!)


It's been another few busy days here with visitors, work, shopping, etc...On Wednesday we had a visit from one of Paul's best mates from school, Brett and his family. We haven't seen Brett for at least 14 years!!! It was lovely to meet his wife, Kelly and their kids and to hear him and Paul reminisce about their school days together... so many stories and I can't believe some of the things they used to get up to!


Wednesday night Paul took the boys to the International Bull Riding at the Gold Coast Convention Centre. He got tickets through work and the boys absolutely loved it!
Paul took a couple of photos of the boys in their seats but forgot to take any of the actual bull riding!! (Needs a bit more training I think! lol!) Ayden & Riley stayed up way past their bedtime and didn't get home until about 9pm!! By then they were quite grumpy - mainly because Paul said they had to come home - they wanted to stay longer!

Madi's scared herself the other night with her own shadow!! Funny little thing!!

The first time I noticed it she was heading into the bedroom (the light was off in there), but as she was going through the door she stopped, looking down at her shadow... saw it was moving... freaked out and got out of there as fast as she could! She didn't cry or anything but she quickly made her way over to me for a cuddle and to make sure everything was alright! The thing is that she kept forgetting about it, then going back in there 10 minutes later only to scare herself again!! Hopefully she's already realised there's nothing to worry about... we were outside this morning and it didn't seem to bother her...maybe it's just at night...

I snapped this pic while we were outside today... love that cheeky face! I can't believe she will be turning 1 at the end of this month... where has the time gone?

Well, I'm off to hang another load of washing on the line (catching up after all the rain we've had)... have a great weekend!

Sheree xx

2 comments:

  1. Wow! Love that little softie.

    Poor Madi. LOL about the shadow scaring her.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So funny about Madi's shadow - you will have to journal that one! It's a great pic you captured of it too. Your softie toy is brilliant - I have a small collection of materials and a sewing machine - but never get to it - scared? you bet ya I am!!LOL Have a gorgeous robot pattern I would love to make so must really try. Any way your softie is adorable. Court :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave me a comment. It's so nice to hear from you! :)